Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

bigfoot decals

Article about: hey guys, could someone educate me a bit about bigfoot decals? basically what i want to know is: how rare/common are they? are they associated with a factory mark? i know that quist is one b

Default bigfoot decals

hey guys, could someone educate me a bit about bigfoot decals? basically what i want to know is:

how rare/common are they?

are they associated with a factory mark? i know that quist is one but i was wondering if there were others.

were bigfoot decals used during a certain period of time?

why were they made like that?

and also, does it change the value of a helmet at all if it has a bigfoot decal as compared to one that has a typical decal? if so, then by how much?

thanks to everyone who answers for all your help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement bigfoot decals
    P
    Many

Default Re: bigfoot decals

It's an exclusive Quist decal but Quist also used another Heer decal type (on the M40).
    They used the BF on the M35 and M40. (as you probably know Quist made M40's till the end of the war , the M42 is almost unseen and has no decal).
    The decal type doesn't affect the value of the helmet and they are not particularly rare either.

Why were they made like that ? Decals were made by different firms so that explains the graphical differences.

As always exceptions can turn up especially on reissued M35's.

?

The very early Q M35s used the NS style decal before Quist started making them, I picked up an almost mint one from Tom K when he was selling down his collection. Otherwise, the decal just has I think a desirable look to it and Q M35s tend to have a higher collector demand than say an ET which are very common. The Q BF is my favorite Heer decal.

Thought I'd put up a picture of a Q BF decal taken off my early M35DD for the sake of reference to this thread.
    Hopefully this wil help the collectors who don't know about this decal.....
    Cheers - great info so far guys!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bigfoot decals  

thanks for all your help guys,i just have one more question : )

what determined when or why some bigfoot decals were toned? im asking because i just purchased my first really nice helmet... its a vet bringback quist m40 that came right out of an estate and it has a toned bigfoot decal. i guess im just trying to learn more about my helmet in general haha...

Toning could be from anything , smoking vets and collectors for example , the lacquer that aged. Ageing comes in different forms depending on the environment the helmets are stored in.