Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

black helmet Q68

Article about: dean will post the luff tomarrow for you. i like my luff alot. kool peice for sure.

Default black helmet Q68

garage sale find last year. the helmet appears to be orginally black. but looks as thought someone tried to sand the outside down. almost gives it a camo look.the liner pins appear straight. the inside of helmet is still black. only the outside appears sanded.as found. what do you think . maybe an SS at one time. your feedback will be greatly apprciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black helmet Q68   black helmet Q68  

black helmet Q68   black helmet Q68  

black helmet Q68   black helmet Q68  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black helmet Q68
    P
    Many

Default Re: black helmet Q68

Just a post-war black helmet.
    chris

?

I highly doubt it to be an ss most likely an honest army that someone messed around with to enhance the value or for some other reason

yea didnt pay much for it. i like the look thought.

the value is in the liner.
    chris

chris have a luff helmet without the liner.think i should put it on that. or just leave it alone

?

Interesting batch number

what is the size of your Luftwaffe helmet?
    chris

is it unusaul to have a 5 digit batch #. chris will take a look, get back to ya.if its one size smaller think it will work.this helmet q68 which is one of the larger size.luff helmet pretty good size as well. but will have to look at the size.thanks all

?

I would like to see the luft shell. If the liner is original to the shell I would probably leave it. I hate to to mess with split pins. Plus, they belong together. If it were mine, I might leave the liner on and try to refurb back to original as per the outside. Hard to say without having it in hand and not seeing the luft shell. Q68's are among my top favorite lids. They seem to fit just right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast