Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Black Painted helmet

Article about: by Jammanna Id like to ask before you took the black paint off could you see evidence of a decal through the black paint. I just picked up a lot from a US vet that included a german helmet t

?

Default Re: Black Painted helmet

Luis , that must have given you a great buzz uncovering that decal , it looks great now

Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Painted helmet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    Luis , that must have given you a great buzz uncovering that decal , it looks great now

Al
    HI Al,
    It did unfortunately the acetone did some damage to the decal but there is no other way of removing the paint.....

?

one more,,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Painted helmet  

Beautiful lid.........Congrats ! ! !

Luis, after the black paint had been removed what is the next layer of paints color? Is it a light yellow over green?

rgds, Ty

?

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    Luis, after the black paint had been removed what is the next layer of paints color? Is it a light yellow over green?

rgds, Ty
    Ty,

No from what I can see is kind of a field gray (textured) the inside is smooth green

Oh Luis, today I finally got my relics from Evgenij. I'll post them on a different thread later.

Ty

?

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    Oh Luis, today I finally got my relics from Evgenij. I'll post them on a different thread later.

Ty
    Blame the postal service in Latvia...

Id like to ask before you took the black paint off could you see evidence of a decal through the black paint. I just picked up a lot from a US vet that included a german helmet that was painted a gark greenish/black but i see no evudence of a decal. Im debating stripping it. Black Painted helmet

Here are some pictures of my black painted helmet. I didn't remove the paint, but whoever did was a pro!!

Regards,

Sam
    Attached Images Attached Images Black Painted helmet  Black Painted helmet  Black Painted helmet 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast