Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Books & helmets.

Article about: Thank you very much!

Default Books & helmets.

This thread probably doesn´t belong here, but I don´t know where else to put it, so please remove it if that should be the case

GUYS, could you be so kind and recommend a few books that would be worth buying and reading before I go out and purchase more helmets? I have been looking for books on amazon, but there are so many and I don´t really know where to start. I know it is easy to burn my fingers out there, so a few good books would be worth spending my money on first.

TTFN, Christina
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Books & helmets.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Books & helmets.

Books & helmets.Books & helmets.Hi Christina, I have these 2 that i bought awhile ago, "Stahlhelm" is a good basic introductory to German steel helmets but the second one "German helmets 1933-1945" is well out of date as a price guide to buying and selling, although interesting there is not a single colour picture which is not good when you expect to see "Camo" Lids.

PHill

Hi Phil.
    Thank you for that!
    And these are still available?
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I'm Diggin ya Avatar

Thanks!! She is cute!
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Your Welcome Stinch and yes i think they both are i got them recently but as i said the 2nd one was printed i the 80s and the price guide is way out of whack and is not that imformative......

This the book for you!
    Mine was signed and numbered by the author which was cool!

Thank you, Glenn! Will search for that online. It looks good.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

The bible is the Ludwig Baer book,"The History of the German Steel Helmet - 1916-1945", which came out in about 1985. That book gives a great historical over view of the development of the stahlhelm. The BEST over all reference book is by Ken Niewiarowicz,"Germany's Combat Helmets - 1933-1945: A Modern Study". This came out about 2 years ago, and is a must for all collectors. If you wander into the minefield of SS, Kelly Hicks' "SS Steel" is also a must. With these you can learn one heck of a lot about this hobby. Jim G.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post

This the book for you!
    Mine was signed and numbered by the author which was cool!
    This is the one I just mentioned - a GREAT reference. Jim G.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast