Quote by DougB View Post
    Richie, Frank will have to cancel his book deal now. :-D
    "Anyone" can write a book , let him do it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Books & helmets.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Books & helmets.

I got Ken Niewiarowicz' book Germany's combat helmets. Great reference book, learned a lot. In fact, I finally know which company manufactured my 'unidentified' shells (rust/paint). It's that good!

Lots and lots of information and you'll learn a lot about your lids.

Cheers

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Can you ask your friend how come there are fake camo's in the book and what the actual point of the book is ? Seems like his research was very poor. In a minefield such as camo's are one would expect the author to be more aware.
    I have contacted the moderator that advertised the Normandy 1994 book here (mistake intended ).
    I hope he can provide the answer to my question. I have a feeling this book has been made intentionally in order to have fake camo's authenticated. 'but hey it's in a reference book it must be good'.
    The book has been reviewed on the WAF Fallschirmjager forum and all agree that the book is full of fakes. Also on GHW it's been shot down in flames...
    So it would be nice to know how a moderator of this forum is associated with this book.

Hello fellow members,
    I did show this book here because this thread is named "Books & helmets". As i did not read it, if there's a consensus among helmets gurus to say that it's not worth it, then i remove it from the forum, no problem.

"Can you ask your friend how come there are fake camo's in the book and what the actual point of the book is"

I will ask him both questions next time that we meet

"So it would be nice to know how a moderator of this forum is associated with this book."

I'm not associated with anything else than my personal work. If posting this front cover and announcing the release of this book is considered by helmets gurus as a mistake, then it's a mistake, end of story. A mistake that will be deleted soon.
    Thanks
    Jean-Philippe

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Can anyone point out the fake helmets in Normandy 44 to help someone who is trying to study the subject?

Quote by Hummel View Post
    Can anyone point out the fake helmets in Normandy 44 to help someone who is trying to study the subject?
    The book is useless. You cannot learn to be a camo paint expert from books.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4