Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)

Article about: I like to restore helmets, rescue them from destruction and carelessness. I have a chance to pick up a helmet at a very decent price; its complete but some artist painted it gold. I think it

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    If in doubt...back out.

You gave me good advice before Mr. Glenn, ill take this one and let it go.
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)
    P
    Many

Well, can you post more detailed pics of the vent holes and liner?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Well, can you post more detailed pics of the vent holes and liner?
    That's the only photos that I have......

It seems to be M35 model, not M40. But it is hard to say because pictures are not too good. $200 is not too much but it is not a bargin price either.

It seems to be M35 model, not M40. But it is hard to say because pictures are not too good. $200 is not too much but it is not a bargin price either.
    How about production numbers ??........ I thought that all German helmets were marked.

I personally do not care much about these numbers if the helmet shell itself is OK. Not all were marked. But better pictures is a must. If seller does not want to send better pictures, better do not buy it.

I personally do not care much about these numbers if the helmet shell itself is OK. Not all were marked. But better pictures is a must. If seller does not want to send better pictures, better do not buy it.

Ill try to get more photos......

Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)

Not all shells and liners were maker marked and dated. This I believe was true of earlier models. Here is an M35 with no markings other than size on the liner.
    NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)

Not all shells and liners were maker marked and dated. This I believe was true of earlier models. Here is an M35 with no markings other than size on the liner.
    NH
    Nice one, can you take photos of the rivet inside ??

Ok extra photos, and yes I changed the color on the outside. I removed gold paint with the acetone to see what's underneath it. It was clean metal, no decals like I was hoping for. On the inside no stamping, but I can see remnants of the green paint.

Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)Buy for restoration but need help (m40 i think)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast