Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying A Helmet At Auction This Weekend And Need Advice!

Article about: Gentlemen, This is my first post here so hello. I am going to an antique auction this weekend and am looking to acquire my first WW2 helmet but before I bid I was wondering if anybody could

jworldwide
    ?

Default Buying A Helmet At Auction This Weekend And Need Advice!

Gentlemen,
    This is my first post here so hello.

I am going to an antique auction this weekend and am looking to acquire my first WW2 helmet but before I bid I was wondering if anybody could take a look at this helmet and verify it to be authentic? I am buying it to keep but I would be interested in knowing a ballpark value of it so I don't overpay!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS

Default Re: Buying A Helmet At Auction This Weekend And Need Advice!

Welcome to the site, I'm not an expert on helmets but the decal does not seem right but others on this site should be able to give you a better take on it. It would help if you have a close up of the decal itself. John

jworldwide
    ?

Quote by johnhmcgary View Post
    Welcome to the site, I'm not an expert on helmets but the decal does not seem right but others on this site should be able to give you a better take on it. It would help if you have a close up of the decal itself. John
    Thank you for your help. What doesn't seem right about the sticker?

Unfortunately, I took this picture off of the auction website. I blew up the image a bit. It may help.

Thanks again for your help!

Jworldwide, To me the decal looks too new for the helmet, there are many others on this site who should be able to give you a positive answer on this. Also, any idea about the liner and chin strap on the helmet? These can affect the price greatly. John

the decal looks fake to me. but not an expert yet .

A good sharp picture is required. Could be good , could be bad. I think it has potential.

But if you buy a helmet make sure to have pictures of everything. I would not recommend buying from any auction site if you are not experienced in helmets.

jworldwide
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    A good sharp picture is required. Could be good , could be bad. I think it has potential.

But if you buy a helmet make sure to have pictures of everything. I would not recommend buying from any auction site if you are not experienced in helmets.
    Thank you everybody for all your help.

I am actually buying this from a local estate auction, not online. The sale is tomorrow afternoon and that is when I will get my first up-close look at the piece. Is there anything specific I can look for under the helmet?

Thanks again.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post

Exact , could be a good late HJ&K decal mainly found on NS and EF shells

?

I'am too thinking that the decal is good, but for sure last decission will be given only after close up look.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

looks like a quite honest helmet and decal to me but the pic s are indeed very bad!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.