Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Buying My First Helmet

Article about: Hi Guys, I have a chance to buy what I think will be my first authentic German Helmet. I think it is a M1935 combat helmet? I would like some opinions as to what a fair price for this one wo

Default Buying My First Helmet

Hi Guys,

I have a chance to buy what I think will be my first authentic German Helmet. I think it is a M1935 combat helmet? I would like some opinions as to what a fair price for this one would be.
    It belongs to my brother- in- law's father and as much as I would like to get it cheap I don't want to be remembered for ripping him off. This would be
    my first Helmet and I have no idea what to offer him for it. He found it! There are some #'s on the inside of the shell:

66 on the left side

3589 on the back

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buying My First Helmet   Buying My First Helmet  

Buying My First Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buying My First Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Buying My First Helmet

Hello mate
    Shells like this are readily available around $70-$100 on ebay etc in that condition so if you want it cheap but fair I'd give him $50 Thats my opinion based on UK ebay
    Dan

I agree with Dan here mate , i wouldnt pay any more than $50 , there are hundreds of shells out there for that price range , cheers Raymond

Hi,
    I agree with Dan and Raymond on the price, If it had provenance
    it would be different. But as it is, it,s only a helmet shell.
    dave.

Thanks Guys! Your thoughts and opinions mean a lot to me. I'm exited to make it mine but I am going to follow the advice here and offer him 50.00
    The worst he can say is no!

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Jan
    ?

The helmet is ok, the missing liner is a minus of course.. Maybe yo should wait a while and look for another one but then again, with something like this.. if it makes you happy go for it . P.s compare with what I am thinking about buying for 315 euros.

Rgds Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images Buying My First Helmet  Buying My First Helmet 

Jan, I understand what you mean about waiting for a better piece but if I don't buy this one it will rot away in a garage not being appreciated for what it is.
    That will bug me so I got to have it. Thanks for sharing yours!
    Kirby

Jan
    ?

Just go for it

Rgds Jan