Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying my first M/40 helmet :)

Article about: hello helmet pros, Just got into collecting WW2 helmets and came across this on a bidding site, from the research I've carried out it seems real and an ideal first helmet to start with. Howe

Default Buying my first M/40 helmet :)

hello helmet pros,

Just got into collecting WW2 helmets and came across this on a bidding site, from the research I've carried out it seems real and an ideal first helmet to start with. However, I' sure there are alot of experts here that are much better than me at determine if it is fake or real. The price is around $300 with 3 days before the auction ends. What do you guys think?

Stahlhelm M / 40. på Tradera.com - Hjälmar | Militära Samlarsaker |

Cheers!
    /Fredrik

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buying my first M/40 helmet :)
    P
    Many

To start with. It is a M35. Liner looks good as does the strap. I wonder about the outside colour. I am not really convinced either way.

Cheers,
    Emile

Thanks Emile!

I thougth it looked like a M35 cause of the larger ventilation holes, compared to M40, is this correct?

This is another option but it seems very cheap (€350 or $500) for a SS helmet, fake alert?

En gammal tysk hj

The vents are definitely NS vents. It's an M35. I think it's a good overpaint. As for it being SS, bid on what you see, not what they might say it is. I would buy it for $300. The strap and liner are worth more than that. Good luck.

Quote by Freddas84 View Post
    hello helmet pros,

Just got into collecting WW2 helmets and came across this on a bidding site, from the research I've carried out it seems real and an ideal first helmet to start with. However, I' sure there are alot of experts here that are much better than me at determine if it is fake or real. The price is around $300 with 3 days before the auction ends. What do you guys think?

Stahlhelm M / 40. på Tradera.com - Hjälmar | Militära Samlarsaker |

Cheers!
    /Fredrik
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Please do NOT post links to auctions.
    Save the photos to your computer and post them directly to this thread or the thread will be useless as a reference when the auction ends.
    When you have saved the photos, read the first 4 or 5 posts in this thread and you will be able to post them here.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hello, My biggest peave is when doing research in a thread or post on other forums that users do not leave lasting PICS.. That renders any information "MUTE" and there is a guessing game of what the original topic was based on. NO reference material for comparison.. IMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buying my first M/40 helmet :)   Buying my first M/40 helmet :)  

Buying my first M/40 helmet :)   Buying my first M/40 helmet :)  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

>>
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buying my first M/40 helmet :)  

Sorry about the links guys, here is the upload for the other helmet, the SS that costs €350.

cheers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buying my first M/40 helmet :)   Buying my first M/40 helmet :)  

Quote by Freddas84 View Post
    Sorry about the links guys, here is the upload for the other helmet, the SS that costs €350.

cheers!
    Dear Freddas84,

Sorry about, but IMO it's a very often seen fake, see for vent holes which are too small and which shape is wrong. The rivet heads look too "clumsy" too.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Don't buy you first helmet on a 2nd hands site or auction site.
    Look around for a nice helmet here in the classifieds , much safer.
    Secondly if you want to get trustworthy opinions on a helmet with a decal , get a close-up of the decal otherwise the discussion is rather pointless.
    Finding an Original 350$ SS helmet is like winning the lottery if you know what I mean so already clear you are dealing with a fake helmet just by that one fact.

A nice Heer helmet will cost you between 700-850 euros and I mean a really collectable one. 300-350 euros doesn't buy you much decent German steel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast