Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Camo/field painted helmet added to collection

Article about: Hey gang.....Here's some shots of my second camo (first has a sand/paint mix on it). This is an HKP66 shell with a 59 size liner M42. No decal on this one. I was really attracted to the pain

?

Default Re: Camo/field painted helmet added to collection

Very nice, i have had a SS single decal M 40 with very similar camo through my hands a few years ago i'll see if i can find any photos of it.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo/field painted helmet added to collection
    P
    Many

Hey Paul! I would love to see that! Hope you can find some pics. Sounds very cool!
    Thanks! Glad you like the lid!

Rob

cmaher55
    ?

Very nice...! Love that stuff being found in Canada lately...!
    Chris

Hey Chris man! Yeah - there seems to be "pickup" on this stuff lately from all 'round the country.....go figure.
    Glad you like it buddy!
    Cheers!

Rob

?

Hey Chris, welcome to the forum, great to have you! A collector in the US picked up a beautiful camo right in my own backyard here a while back as well! I picked up a fantastic SS single decal out of Winnipeg too early this year, so there are some out in the Canadian woodwork as Rob's fantastic example shows!

?

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Hey Chris man! Yeah - there seems to be "pickup" on this stuff lately from all 'round the country.....go figure.
    Glad you like it buddy!
    Cheers!

Rob
    Really it is easy to figure out. The WWII vets have been dying at about 1000 a day in the states. I'll bet the ratio per capita is the same in Canada. The flush of stuff will continue for another decade and then thin out.
    Steve

In the three reasonably comprehensive 12. SS books I have there's hardly a picture of a helmet without a cover in Normandy. Having gone through them again to see if there's anything resembling this 'dot pattern' on a helmet, I can't help but think there's something about the 'stippled' appearance of the two in this well-documented photograph. It shows the grave of Helmut Belke, Kurt Meyer's driver who was killed in battle with the Canadians at Bretteville on the 8-9th June. I'm sure it's just the coarse halftone screen from the printing process that's creating the illusion but I'd like to see the original negative...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo/field painted helmet added to collection  

Hey! Thansks for that picture! Never seen it before. You're right: most of the pics I've found of the 12th has the cloth cover on the helmets. Here are a few that don't......The hunt continues!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo/field painted helmet added to collection  
    Attached Images Attached Images Camo/field painted helmet added to collection  Camo/field painted helmet added to collection  Camo/field painted helmet added to collection 

?

Not the best photos but here is the M40 i had seen years ago !!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo/field painted helmet added to collection   Camo/field painted helmet added to collection  

The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for posting the pics.....It's a similar pattern for sure!

Cheers!

Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2