Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Camo helmet

Article about: Hello! What do you think about this one? Thanks!

Default Camo helmet

Hello! What do you think about this one?

Camo helmet

Camo helmet

Camo helmet

Camo helmet

Camo helmet

Camo helmet

Camo helmet

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Camo helmet

I think it has a good chance of being original, but it looks to me like it has had paint stripped from it. Somebody was certainly hunting a decal on the left side IMO. Depends on the price really I suppose.

It doesn't look like camo as such more like a few coats of paint that have worn off, good honest looking helmet though.

There's something about this one i quite like!Is it a luftwaffe blue or slate grey M42? I t is hard to tell but it just seems to me to look a good one(and has a brown luft or kriegs chinstrap!!)This stands a good chance to me from these pictures.

I cant entirely put my finger on it, but something bothers me about the liner. Not saying the liner is bad, just not sure it is original to this helmet. Maybe I am being overly skeptical. The sharp dent at the top strikse me as odd. I havent seen dents like that on a liner band that was original to the helmet. I have seen sharp dents on liner bands, but the bands were removed from helmets. On the other hand, there appears to be a lot of dust between the shell and the band, which is usually a good thing. Just my opinions, take it or leave it, lol.

?

It does stand a chance, but I would want better photos to determine which side of the fence to fall on IMHO.
    As mentioned, that damage to the liner band seems odd, but that's not to say it couldn't be explained somehow.

Brad.

It all depends on the price I guess since in my opinion this helmet has been cleaned on the outside. It just has this varnished look to it. Don't know what this sharp edge on the liner is supposed to mean. Could be original to the shell and just field stripped and reassambled, we will never know for sure though.

?

I think this ones been messed with, the liner looks cleaned (a Norwegian perhaps) but not certain, also the dent in the liner ring is something that can and does happen when replacing a liner and not done carefully, also there is a strange mark to the front of the helmet , circular , which suggests to me there was something there and was removed, the liner pins are very loose , again an indication of a removal or replacement liner