Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

camo helmet

Article about: by DougB There are some well known helmet collectors who have made it public they defraud eBay buyers by using multiple eBay logins and bidding against themselves driving the price upi to th

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    There are some well known helmet collectors who have made it public they defraud eBay buyers by using multiple eBay logins and bidding against themselves driving the price upi to the stratosphere thus keeping away normal buyers. When they "win" they refuse to pay and negotiate a bargain price telling the seller nobody will buy it again on eBay because collectors will think its a fake as it's relisted.
    Utter pond scum! Simply beyond the pale!

Dont know why I am even surprised any more..............

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement camo helmet
    P
    Many

the seller is unable to respond to questions either via the contact page

?

Andy there are many threads there about it there but I quit that site in June and won't go back (other than the recent helmet I wanted to expose as fake on all forums) and there are one or two threads on GHW2 as well.

Scout, nothing surprises me about this hobby anymore.

When money is involved those of poor character and a low moral threshold will justify doing just about anything to screw their fellow man.

Not to Ftance ...

?

Quote by DougB View Post

Scout, nothing surprises me about this hobby anymore.

When money is involved those of poor character and a low moral threshold will justify doing just about anything to screw their fellow man.
    Unfortunately it is so

I didn't like it from the git go No Patina to suit me all Contrived and at that price these people are not helping the military collectible hobby. timothy

Poster child for military modellers paint, airbrush, fake camo/wire, rubber mallot bonked, classic eBay sucker bait. Steer clear, previous comments of doubt are well founded and expressed.

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    I didn't like it from the git go No Patina to suit me all Contrived and at that price these people are not helping the military collectible hobby. timothy
    Timothy, that is the crux of the fraud, that price is not what is paid.

There are 1 of 2 scams at play here I think - Bidders are shill bidding to drive away other real bidders and then will refuse to pay the seller the winning bid, buying it cheap and reselling it OR the entire sale is a fraud showing a high final but fake sell price and then it hits the market to an unsuspecting buyer who will pay above the winning price and will be shown the ebay sale with 100% positive response and all the bidding to "prove" it was real.

Either way, I wouldn't worry Tim, a real camo wire won't be $10,000 on most good days, but it will be expensive.

Quote by timothy View Post
    Absolutely spot on Timothy , (and everyone else) I have only just "clicked on" to this thread and seen one of the most obviously contrived fake cammo's with the added bonus of a fake chicken wire basket! This one really is a stinker unless you can get it for £150 to use as a re-enactors piece. £5000!!!!! I would have to throw in the towel and collect thimbles if I were taken in by this horrific mess! Leon.

?

I don't like this the helmet has no wear underneath were the wire is, I have seen this happen before people looking for german military on ebay just bid on the first thing they see real or not. There is a good chance that this is a real bid and who ever is bidding they are making a big mistake

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast