Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo helmet damaged eastern front

Article about: I just came across this on the interent, It is interesting with the brush strokes and the paint finish. I would say it's correct all the way around. I don't know if It is a K.I.A since I don

Default Camo helmet damaged eastern front

I just came across this on the interent, It is interesting with the brush strokes and the paint finish. I would say it's correct all the way around. I don't know if It is a K.I.A since I don't see any blood rot, maybe with a better picture of the liner it will tell the tale. Im not sure though, whats peoples thoughts...Camo helmet damaged eastern frontCamo helmet damaged eastern frontCamo helmet damaged eastern frontCamo helmet damaged eastern frontCamo helmet damaged eastern frontCamo helmet damaged eastern frontCamo helmet damaged eastern frontCamo helmet damaged eastern frontCamo helmet damaged eastern frontCamo helmet damaged eastern front

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo helmet damaged eastern front
    P
    Many

Personaly nothing sticks me in the eye that says its fake, but better pics are needed; dont get your hopes up to soon.

MAP
    ?

Agree. Much sharper and close up pics are needed. Especially around the bullet hole, vents and split pins.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ok ill try and get better pictures, thanks everyone

I once met a vet who drove truck from the beaches of Normandy up to the front. At the time, he could fill his empty truck up with helmets on the return to Normandy. They were all over the place and free. Along the way, he would pull over, take out a bunch of helmets and shoot holes in them with his M-1. The price was much higher when selling helmets with bullet holes to the rear area soldiers and sailors.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Classic story Bob. And I don't doubt it for a bit
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I never heard of a story like that but I afree with Map, I wouldn't doubt it. Imagine, back then you can find those helmets like sea shells on the beach

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I once met a vet who drove truck from the beaches of Normandy up to the front. At the time, he could fill his empty truck up with helmets on the return to Normandy. They were all over the place and free. Along the way, he would pull over, take out a bunch of helmets and shoot holes in them with his M-1. The price was much higher when selling helmets with bullet holes to the rear area soldiers and sailors.
    I had a friend back in the 70's (in the U.S.) that used to do the same thing. He said he could get more money for them with bullet holes in them. He also put chicken blood in them. It made me sick...

No paint damage around that shrapnel hole...looks like a post damage paint application to me.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    No paint damage around that shrapnel hole...looks like a post damage paint application to me.
    Mmm, as it stands, I am with Glenn at the moment. It is very strange that the "bullet hole" has no paint damage in that area? But as ever, much better close up images of this helmet will clear it up one way or the other. I quite like the look of the overall appearance and wear, but I still have my doubts. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast