Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Camo helmet need thoughts. Kinda rough and wierd looking

Article about: Here is a auction helmet. Whats your thoughts on it?. What do you think this would be worth? thanks!

DON'T fix the liner - it is what gives it character ..... and history!

As to the cammo ... it is IMO a field job done with a brush fouled with dirt, wood-chips and twigs and any paint they could find.
    I'm sure they passed the brush around and made do with what they could - I hate our modern day need to label these.

Enjoy it and imagine!

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo helmet need thoughts. Kinda rough and wierd looking
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Agree Dan,

Some call them rough field grey overpaint as there are no separate colors scheme, others camo as anything to hide or make a helmet less noticeable is in essence a camouflage. In my view it does not matter, same helmet different terminology.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah I think It is not a bad deal, specialy its only costing me a couple hundred from after the sword sell. I WONT do anything to this helmet but maybe find a original non broken chin strap. It has a lot of character and I wish I knew the story behind its journey. It screams with personality.

Salty old field repaint as Dan says but a one looker original IMO I like it and would too leave as is. timothy

Very nice.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

well I got the helmet today. Im kinda worried, The chin strap doesn't have any holes in it and the liner pins are loose. The chinstrap doesn't have a button on it, its like sewn into the helmet liner loop ) if you know what I mean. I actually tracked the original owner and the original owner bought the helmet earlier this year and sold it do a fellow collector. I asked the guy where he got it from, and he said it came straight from the wood works .....HRRRMMMM!!

MAP
    ?

I'm terrible with chin straps (I wish the was a book on them alone) but it sure looks like this one has been on there since the beginning of time. Could be a field made replacement with just a couple of holes ( looks like the last few inches of the tip are broken off. As far as the loose pins, I have a helmet or two like this as well but the liner was not replaced or messed with,just loose with age and wear/tear.

These are just observations as to what MAY have occured... so don't write it off just yet. Let's hear from others....

But that story from the seller does not help.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looking at your photos again I still wouldn't worry.... I think the chinstrap has broken at the last hole as it looks pretty short and loose liner pins are not a worry in themselves unless you can see double bends in the pin legs inside. The chinstrap double sided rivet could have been lost with a sewn field repair ( or post war ) but that also is not a real concern.

Still does it for me ...... if that's of any comfort ( sell it to me if it isn't!!! )

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Ok im starting to feel better now, I can see the double pins in there and both ends are bent, well maybe I don't know what your saying

Camo helmet need thoughts. Kinda rough and wierd lookingCamo helmet need thoughts. Kinda rough and wierd lookingCamo helmet need thoughts. Kinda rough and wierd lookingCamo helmet need thoughts. Kinda rough and wierd lookingCamo helmet need thoughts. Kinda rough and wierd lookinghere are some pictures....maybe this will solve everything. Maybe its just salty and a crazy helmet and I could just be freaking out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast