Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Camo helmet need thoughts. Kinda rough and wierd looking

Article about: Here is a auction helmet. Whats your thoughts on it?. What do you think this would be worth? thanks!

I am going to take a punt here and say that the chinstrap double rivets fell out and the strap was rivetted together further down ( you can see where the slot is for the normal rivet )by the unit tailer or cobbler.
    The age and stretching of the leather makes me feel like it's been like this since the war.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo helmet need thoughts. Kinda rough and wierd looking
    P
    Many

So it's a solid legit piece?

For me it is...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for your help. I would have not thought what you just said, sounds good though

MAP
    ?

Tough to tell from the angle of the photos, but the split pins don't looked like they were messed with.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is a very representative combat worn helmet, I would leave it as is. Regarding the chinstrap, it looks like it has been there forever! As Dan said it is likely a field repair. I have an M42 SS with a funky field repaired strap. I will try to post a few shots of the repair tonight to show you what I mean. Yours was a combat worn piece, and looks great just the way you got it, which is almost certainly how it has been since 1945! Nice acquisition, Jim G.

The slit pins have not bin messed with, the more I look at it. I value everyone's thoughts and I think the chin strap is a field repair. It's definitely seen some combat

M38
    ?

That is a nice helmet, I really like the looks of the thick chunky paint. The chinstrap is not a WWII German chinstrap however. Looks like a modification of some other kind of strap but it certainly could have been a wartime replacement.

Cheers,
    Terry

Thanks for the imput. It does have a nice chunky paint. I agree it's not a German helmet strap but a field modified. Must of had supply issues or god knows what. People like the near mint helmets and I have one that hasn't seen any field activities, this helmet has a lot more character

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3