Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Which Helmet has Authentic Camo Paint?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helmet 1

1 2.44%
  • Helmet 2

16 39.02%
  • Helmet 3

8 19.51%
  • Helmet 4

6 14.63%
  • None of the above

8 19.51%
  • I'm waiting for Doug...

2 4.88%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Camo Helmet Quiz

Article about: I think th quality of the pictures is enough to say about them, but you can close it if you wish

Default Camo Helmet Quiz

Another Quiz just for fun.

Camo helmets are some of the more difficult helmets to authenticate. So many different variations exist that it is much more challenging, if not impossible, to find patterns. These variations are seen in color, texture, pattern, paint type, thickness, etc. To make it even more difficult, there is an abundance of fakes. While some fake camo helmets will make you role on the floor laughing, others will make you curl up in the fetal position. With proper practice you can learn to spot an original camo helmet in an ocean of fakes. Below you will find pictures of four different helmets. Take the quiz to see if you can spot which of these is the Authentic camo. Use your vote wisely, you only get one.

NOTE: The Quiz will be up for 24 hours, and then I will give the answer and the explanation. Take your time, look at the wear, the paint, the paint under the wear, the decals, the coloring, etc. Some of these are really difficult. The matter of fact, I about got taken by one of these below not too long ago!

CLICK ON THE PHOTO FOR A CLOSE UP

WHICH HELMET HAS ORIGINAL CAMO?

Helmet 1 - NS 66 #D223

Camo Helmet Quiz Camo Helmet Quiz Camo Helmet Quiz

Helmet 2 - ET 64 #4978

Helmet 3 - _64 #3651 (illegible maker)

Helmet 4 - ET62 #436

CLICK THE PHOTOS TO MAKE THEM LARGER
    Last edited by Sir Payne; 01-27-2013 at 02:17 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo Helmet Quiz
    P
    Many

Default Re: Camo Helmet Quiz

I forgot to mention, for God's sake don't cheat by scrolling down here to look at the comments!

Need better pictures!!Ha Ha Ha! I personally can only see one that looks like "natural" wear but i would not go near it even if i were 99% convinced it was right as i have never seen what i consider to be a good one yet!(i hope i did'nt give my vote away with that comment!

?

I certainly appreciate and am flattered by your choice number 6 however I am certainly not the "authority" on camo and can only offer an opinion based on what I know and see, there are many great collectors I respect who I will readily listen to. And any camo paint warrants a good discussion of which I am willing to partake. The problem with a poll like this is in the end a camo must, absolutely, be held in hand and closely examined for sanding, toolmarking, natural wear, etc. What is said about photos? They tell a story but not the truth? Something like that which I read a while back that sort of resonates with me. Anyway, camos must fit into ones comfort zone and are the last thing a helmet collector should be buying without detailed study and a lot of in hand experience first.

That said myself I wouldn't spend a dime on these 4 as none are within my comfort zone and I can give an (apparently exhaustive) opinion as to why if anyone wanted to get into it.

?

I think we should all reveal our votes, and the reason why after the answer is released.

Martin

Quote by DougB View Post
    I certainly appreciate and am flattered by your choice number 6 however I am certainly not the "authority" on camo and can only offer an opinion based on what I know and see, there are many great collectors I respect who I will readily listen to. And any camo paint warrants a good discussion of which I am willing to partake. The problem with a poll like this is in the end a camo must, absolutely, be held in hand and closely examined for sanding, toolmarking, natural wear, etc. What is said about photos? They tell a story but not the truth? Something like that which I read a while back that sort of resonates with me. Anyway, camos must fit into ones comfort zone and are the last thing a helmet collector should be buying without detailed study and a lot of in hand experience first.

That said myself I wouldn't spend a dime on these 4 as none are within my comfort zone and I can give an (apparently exhaustive) opinion as to why if anyone wanted to get into it.
    I, for one, thoroughly enjoy your "exhaustive" explanantions. You could probably charge a fee for your opinions, especially on SS helmets, as you have put in the countless man hours, study, research and I'm certain a considerable amount of money into this process and your overwhelming and awe inspiring collection.

As for this thread, none of these helmets jump out as potentially good, and I couldn't judge it on just two photos of each helmet, and I don't think anyone would want to based on just two photos. And then to throw into the mix a medic snow camo helmet, yikes. Do we know for sure that one of these is considered an authentic camo?

?

If we are going to play guess the real camo , as has been stated much better and closer photos of the actual paint and wear etc are required , some camos are obviously fakes but on these photos none stand out as worthy of a "real" comment without further and closer examination !!If this is intended to be a learning tool as well as a bit of fun get some closer , better quality photos posted !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Well, I'm opting out of this quiz - all would probably fool me!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I don't like any of them if I'm honest.... pays to be a cynic sometimes I guess.

I voted 3 but i'm easily fooled!..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast