MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Camo Luftwaffe?

Article about: I agree it is an "ugly duckling" of a helmet, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder lol

Default Camo Luftwaffe?

Good day friends, Would this have any value even if the paint job was fake but the helmet was real???

Camo Luftwaffe?Camo Luftwaffe?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo Luftwaffe?   Camo Luftwaffe?  

Camo Luftwaffe?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo Luftwaffe?
    P
    Many

Default re: Camo Luftwaffe?

The question is why?? Seems to have been a nice lid, maybe reissue because of the dark red liner, but still all the parts look right. Why did somebody do that to this helmet?
    It still has some value, but not half of what it should be untouched.

Looks like a Norwegian reissue, someone really messed up that helmet...

?

Can you tell us the helmet size? Should be stamped on the inside of the skirt. Left side or rear with the LOT No.

Regards, Lars

ET 68, here is the description
    M35 Luftwaffe camo helmet. It was factory blue, then white washed, then green over the whitewash.

I think it might have been an original winter camo actually, I think Narvik used to have one a little like this that he displayed with some goggles. I'll try and find the thread. The liner looks like it is a Norwegian used one, so it was probably just a bare shell in the not too distant past. It looks like some paint was stripped from it from the rubbing marks, maybe a luft with snow camo then green overpaint, with another layer having been removed on top of that.

Edit, found a few pics of the lid. I hope Narvik doesn't mind my posting these.

Camo Luftwaffe?Camo Luftwaffe?Camo Luftwaffe?Camo Luftwaffe?

?

Ok. Then i understand the 9 "tongue" leather liner. IMO the leather is aged or it's a dyed "Norwegian" liner. They are of course also originals. It's almost criminal what have been done to this lid. The only way out IMHO is a restoration with real enamel paint etc.

Regards, Lars

Can we have a bit more clear picture of the liner? I'm already pretty certain it is a Norwegian reissue, but I'd like a clearer picture just to confirm it.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Its not my helmet, I would have asked here first before buying it, actually my friend did purchase it for 400, that is why im asking about the price just in case he got a gem. I will try to get better pics from him and break the bad news lol

?

It is not a bad helmet as such. The liner is most like not original to the helmet but a Norwegian reissue helmet. These liners are original Third Reich but dyed dark red/brown. The helmet is original but have been messed with badly. Not worth 400 bucks for sure.

Kind regards, Lars

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast