Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camo m-40?

Article about: I would like your opinions on this one, it's a m-40, et64, lot #1190, it has a unique camo paint job, leather liner is blood stained and detatched, photo's make the paint look shinny but it'

Default Camo m-40?

I would like your opinions on this one, it's a m-40, et64, lot #1190, it has a unique camo paint job, leather liner is blood stained and detatched, photo's make the paint look shinny but it's not, don't know about the paint, it's old, it shows crackling and wear, but don't know if original or old post war, either way i didn't pay alot for it, i either hit the jackpot or i have a nice cheap helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo m-40?   Camo m-40?  

Camo m-40?   Camo m-40?  

Camo m-40?   Camo m-40?  

Camo m-40?   Camo m-40?  

Camo m-40?   Camo m-40?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo m-40?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Camo m-40?

I don't like the look of the camo job. No patina to it. No wear around the rim of the skirt like you would expect to see on a 70 year old lid.

If it shows age and cracked paint these pictures don't show it at all. Based on these pics I would pass.
    The leather is attached with pins to the band , where are the pins ? Very strange.

?

hi, dont go by patina alone, i have had/seen originals that look brand new!! the liner is attached with very small aluminium split pins, which in many cases are the first to rot,thus leather comes adrift! i have seen originals with paint like this, i will not pass judgement on these pics alone,having said that i would walk by!!

The liner pins are long gone, deteriorated I suppose, I just bought a replacement set to reattach the liner, the liner band itself doesn't look like it was ever removed, split pins are still tight, the pot itself looks like it was wired due to the wear marks around the outside, all this said, any opinion, good or bad, is food for thought. Thanks again.

Sorry to say this but I would pass on this helmet,the camo is new .

Quote by TUFC View Post
    hi, dont go by patina alone, i have had/seen originals that look brand new!! the liner is attached with very small aluminium split pins, which in many cases are the first to rot,thus leather comes adrift! i have seen originals with paint like this, i will not pass judgement on these pics alone,having said that i would walk by!!
    Patina is what makes or breaks a camo helmet (and very important HQ pictures) , if the patina is gone so is the opportunity to truly validate its authenticity. Even lightly used originals will have patina.
    On a helmet with a pristine exterior and an interior like that the aluminium pins don't rot. In fact I have seen ground dugs with the leather still attached.
    Of course we have seen originals with paint like this but that doesn't automatically make this helmet original. Fakers do attempt to recreate originals ...
    Every helmet should be studied on its individual merrits.

?

did i say it was original!! read the post, especially the last bit!

Here are two more photo's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo m-40?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Camo m-40? 

Quote by bowlin7178 View Post
    Here are two more photo's
    Not the kind of wear you see on camo's. Looks very much added for effect. Good that you didn't pay a lot for it.