Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Camo M40 with para liner

Article about: Hi guys, I was perusing the Wehrmacht-Awards forums and found this for sale on the helmets table. I cannot afford it and I am not advertising for him but I have never seen a helmet like this

Default Camo M40 with para liner

Hi guys, I was perusing the Wehrmacht-Awards forums and found this for sale on the helmets table. I cannot afford it and I am not advertising for him but I have never seen a helmet like this and the seller gave me permission to post his pics of it here.

It's a camo single decal heer M40 and the para liner was attached with glue apparently. I think this is a really neat helmet just oozing with character.

Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo M40 with para liner   Camo M40 with para liner  

Camo M40 with para liner   Camo M40 with para liner  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo M40 with para liner
    P
    Many

Default Re: Camo M40 with para liner

I strongly suspect this fabrication is down to the Allied soldier who liberated the helmet.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I strongly suspect this fabrication is down to the Allied soldier who liberated the helmet.

Cheers, Ade.
    is the painted swastika on the front right and did they make some like this or what are they for, sorry for asking ade but never seen before

Quote by klinger View Post
    is the painted swastika on the front right and did they make some like this or what are they for, sorry for asking ade but never seen before
    It was most likely done by the Allied soldier. Compare it to the paint that was used to paint "FRANCE".

Ade is probably right about the Allied soldier replacing the liner. Either way, I think it's a neat helmet. : )

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    It was most likely done by the Allied soldier. Compare it to the paint that was used to paint "FRANCE".

Ade is probably right about the Allied soldier replacing the liner. Either way, I think it's a neat helmet. : )
    ok thanks as i know only the m17 with painted swastikas, and for the liner it is a weard mixture but i have heard at somepoint the surplus wasent abel to get spareparts to the front lines and they used everything they coud find to repair fieldgear so there is a chance that the para liner found the way like this in place, as the liner looks real to me