Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camo m42 helmet

Article about: Hi All. I would welcome opinions on this camo M42 that I have on hand for inspection. It has a HKP 66 stamp on the rear with a ?62? four digit ( I can only make out two) batch number under t

Default Camo m42 helmet

Hi All. I would welcome opinions on this camo M42 that I have on hand for inspection. It has a HKP 66 stamp on the rear with a ?62? four digit ( I can only make out two) batch number under that.
    In my limited experience, the camo looks like to me like its been there a very long time and the way it has chipped and scratched and the overall patina is consistent with what I would expect to see with a wartime camo helmet but I want to be 100% sure about this aspect.
    However the base green colour (especially on the inside) is almost if not identical to a Norwegian M42 that I own.
    Also the inside (from the liner edge down) is void of any paint, an area which often seems to preserve paint well.
    That also leads me to the liner which is is quite dry and stiff and has just recently had oil applied but appears to have a redish look to it in places? It does sit well and the pins are nice and tight with original washers intact.
    I am aware the chinstrap is a modern replacement.
    So I do have a couple of doubts and would value any opinions before I decide to go ahead with this one or not.
    Many thanks in advance as always
    Jason
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo m42 helmet   Camo m42 helmet  

Camo m42 helmet   Camo m42 helmet  

Camo m42 helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo m42 helmet
    P
    Many

May be my phone but I agree, the liner looks reddish. That would be consistant with a Norwegian rework

..... and that interior paint really looks Norgy as well....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, I am not to convinced about the camo paint, repetitive scratches here and there, and the inside paint does look Norwegian, also, the liner could be a post war norwegian or a reproduction that has olive oil smeered on it.

no patina or age to the paint, it's a pass.

Hi, a no go from me, the "cammo" may have been on there a while but it is of no colour scheme that I have seen on a period helmet. Just looks like a played around with Norwegian lid to me. Leon.

Thanks to all for your valued comments and opinions.
    Jason

MAP
    ?

I'm with Leon. Not a pattern I've ever seen before (in my non expert opinion). Plus the camo appears to be scrubbed to give it age.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

If the liner was Norwegian ,would it not have the brass pins holding the leather liner to the band.

?

Quote by busman View Post
    If the liner was Norwegian ,would it not have the brass pins holding the leather liner to the band.
    Also when they repainted the helmets for the Norwegian army did they not remove the liners, I think it has a chance of being ok, even if it is an unusual pattern.