Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Camo M42 Luftwaffe w/ impact damage

Article about: I got this in the mail today. Has no liner or rivets. based on the rust and condition I think its a good one but I'm not sure. Can somewhat see the luftwaffe decal through the paint. Appears

The wire marks look contrived to me. I don't think in reality it would create so extensive a mark. For me, one red flag put all the rest under suspicion including those bullet holes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo M42 Luftwaffe w/ impact damage
    P
    Many

poor photos , hard to say one way or another.

Hi, not one I am instantly taken with, as said, the wire "marks" appear more like something that was purposely over laid then removed after painting to give an impression, rather than anything that was in place for a good period of time and showing the relating wear? I have to be honest, camo's are becoming so available in what seem like convincing order that i think it will not be to long before they are going to all be doubted without a solid provenance. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, not one I am instantly taken with, as said, the wire "marks" appear more like something that was purposely over laid then removed after painting to give an impression, rather than anything that was in place for a good period of time and showing the relating wear? I have to be honest, camo's are becoming so available in what seem like convincing order that i think it will not be to long before they are going to all be doubted without a solid provenance. Leon.
    Been trying to get a good picture of them with my phone but no luck. The wire marks do go into the paint and have rust in the lines where it they once were, its not recent rust either. Same rust color as the rest the helmet. I think my phones camera is having trouble with the color scheme on the shell, never had this problem with it. Once I can get some clearer pictures I'll post them

I notice that you’re getting some reflection off the shell. Try taking some photos earlier in the day or later when the light is more subdued. You want real closeups of where the wire would have touched.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    I am not a fan of this one unfortunately. Where you would expect to see some interaction between the shell and the wire there is nothing. Particularly as the wire supposedly was flush with the shell you would want to see some rust or rubbing but on this one there is nothing. Also where the wire “ghosting” touches the rim (see left hand side) there appears to be no type of contact either.

Also unusual that the outside of the shell has more paint than the inside skirt. Looking forward to seeing some higher res shots to enable a more informed decision.
    Sorry, completely forgot about the thread due to working a bunch. Will keep trying on better pictures on my up coming days off

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2