MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Camo M42 SD Heer Helmet - Recent Pickup

Article about: I was visiting family over the weekend in Balitmore, and wound up hitting a few local antique shops. Found M42 camo sitting on a lower shelf, in the back of a glass display case. Per the sho

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Would display better with a liner in it. I am far from condoning liner replacements... but this has no liner to start with. As long as it is for your viewing pleasure & disclosed if sold...I might consider putting in a liner. This one deserves it
    I hadn't planned on putting a liner in it. I'm a very much "leave-as-found" type of collector, but now you have me thinking. If I can find a liner cheap enough, I might consider it. I would likely remove the liner if I ever sold the helmet.

For now, it looks good on one of my display shelves, and you wouldn't even notice the liner isn't intact unless you looked really close to see that the liner pins are missing.

Camo M42 SD Heer Helmet - Recent Pickup

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo M42 SD Heer Helmet - Recent Pickup
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Very nice display. Personally, I would leave it as is. Looks nice how you have it displayed
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well done, a good helmet to find hidden away in a shop! A nice cammo that looks great on your display shelf. Leon.

Great find! It's surprising what you can find in those small out of the way "general" antique shops that don't specialize in militaria. Often an overlooked and reasonably priced treasure can be found.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice display. Personally, I would leave it as is. Looks nice how you have it displayed
    Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Well done, a good helmet to find hidden away in a shop! A nice cammo that looks great on your display shelf. Leon.
    Quote by Anderson View Post
    Great find! It's surprising what you can find in those small out of the way "general" antique shops that don't specialize in militaria. Often an overlooked and reasonably priced treasure can be found.
    Thanks, all!

I've had some amazing finds at smaller antique shops. It's hit or miss, though, as for the most part, they way overprice fairly common items.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2