MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this camo original?

Article about: It seems you had a super deal at the flea market... This M17 is made by F.C. Bellinger, Fulda. It's a size 64, which is also marked in ink, together with the AK acceptance stamp... I agree w

?

Default Re: Is this camo original?

It seems you had a super deal at the flea market... This M17 is made by F.C. Bellinger, Fulda. It's a size 64, which is also marked in ink, together with the AK acceptance stamp...
    I agree with Ned, concerning the camo paint...
    This means you have found a very nice helmet sir!

Adler

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this camo original?
    P
    Many

?

Cannot judge thecamo paint because I never studied it, but the helmet looks nice and original. If it was mine, I would tend to believe that the paintjob was period too. I love it!

Hi Guys,

There appears to be a little confusion as to what 'Lozenge' pattern cammo looks like, so i've got a couple of examples to show here.

They normally were made up of 4 or 5 colours. But that's not to say our man in the field copied the design on his helmet with what he could get his hands on, in this case 3 types of colour.

I can just imagine him in a cold and damp bunker, drawing on his pipe, painting his helm by the flickering light of an oil lamp as shells crump overhead, dusting his cup of ersatz coffee. ......Ah well!

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this camo original?   Is this camo original?  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you Ned for these illustrations. It sure does look like that pattern!

?

Fantastic!! I believe is an authentic camo...that helmet on a collectors forum could bring you several hundred $$

?

I think the helmet is a bit refreshed, there green sand camo probably added later, to make a helmet more colored.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Regardless,
    A Smoking Deal !............

Congrats on a fabulous helmet ! ! !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2