Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?

Article about: Hey guys,I am interested in this helmet. It looks good to me, however it is not local and these are the best pics I have so far. The helmet looks like it is marked ET66 and the liner is mark

?

Default Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?

Hey guys,I am interested in this helmet. It looks good to me, however it is not local and these are the best pics I have so far. The helmet looks like it is marked ET66 and the liner is marked 58 obviously. Seller also says you can see part of a dome stamp also. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?   Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?  

Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?   Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?  

Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?   Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?

Well the inside certainly doesn't match the heavily weathered exterior.....I'm banking on a post war refurb display piece or re enactor

?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Well the inside certainly doesn't match the heavily weathered exterior.....I'm banking on a post war refurb display piece or re enactor
    Not far away with that assessment !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?   Camo and wire covered M42 ...... legit?  

I wouldn't be interested in this one.

Pass.
    chris

Pass +1

there is a seller on ebay who has one of those every few weeks - all are almost identical

This is not one for me either,look at the areas where the wire touch the "cammo",there is no wearing down to the paint at all.The cammo itself also has "chips"in areas that should have been protected by the wire basket!! Also the skirt has rust all along the edge and yet if the basket were on this helmet to start with it would have again given it more protection from being picked up and put down.As the others have said,this is a post war re-furb! Leon.

?

Repro liner postwar wire and camo. If real a helmet would sell for close to $8k in an auction, or more. A similar one with veteran provenance and 110% real sold in auction for $12k last year if the Swiss cheese brain of mine remembers correctly. Also I suspect the personalization is bogus as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast