Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone help with this german lid?

Article about: Hi everyone, could anyone give me a couple of pointers with this? I have no idea at all about german helmets, if this is real or an old repro, so any pointers would be greatly appriciated.

Default Can anyone help with this german lid?

Hi everyone, could anyone give me a couple of pointers with this?
    I have no idea at all about german helmets, if this is real or an old repro, so any pointers would be greatly appriciated.

Can anyone help with this german lid?Can anyone help with this german lid?Can anyone help with this german lid?Can anyone help with this german lid?Can anyone help with this german lid?Can anyone help with this german lid?Can anyone help with this german lid?Can anyone help with this german lid?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone help with this german lid?
    P
    Many

Original shell with original liner...likely repainted at some time during its journey...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 05-19-2014 at 07:20 PM.

cheers glen, where should I be looking for a makers mark?
    Sorry to ask but I'm trying to learn!

Looks like the maker's mark/lot number is stamped on the side by the chinstrap hardware (2nd to last photo)...you may find another mark on the inside of the rear skirt as well...Check the tip of the chinstrap for a maker's mark...you might get lucky there, too...BTW the chinstrap looks like it's been dyed Red like the leather on the Norwegian Reissues...
    Not perfect but a nice display for certain!
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 05-19-2014 at 07:21 PM.

?

Hi! I do believe the helmet is the earlier M35 judging on the vents and it has an early reinforced liner band which would also suggest M35. I am not entirely sure the paint is original although hard for me to tell from these pics but paint looks very dark almost black to me? and it appears to be painted over heavy pitting which raises a flag. No doubt the helmet itself & components are original though see what others say. Cheers, Sean.

its a good one.

Hi ,looks a repainted M35 for me, the paint is clearly on top of a heavily pitted shell, if it's cheap enough it's worth a go. Leon.

Repainted relic with original liner, if it's cheap go for it IMO I'd buy it just for the liner

Many thanks guys.

SE sz.66...not bad but the post war years were not too kind to the shell.