MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

can anyone identify this helmet?

Article about: Ok so this has been bugging me for awhile. I purchased a rusted helmet at a yard sale for 5 dollars. At first glimpse I though it was a spanish medelo.so I bought it and refinished it for my

hemiboy345
    ?

Default can anyone identify this helmet?

Ok so this has been bugging me for awhile. I purchased a rusted helmet at a yard sale for 5 dollars. At first glimpse I though it was a spanish medelo.so I bought it and refinished it for my younger brother who plays ww2 style air soft. Here's what been bugging me. The helmet originally had 7 rivet holes which is common with a medelo. That's where I believe similarity ends. The helmet had no front mounting bracket like the Spanish look alike. It also has a rolled edge and two piece vent(like an m35).the shell also has a skirt mark of ET62 so it was made on german equipment(which medelos aren't). So basically how I see it its an m35 with 7 rivets? Can anyone help clear up some confusion.

2. # ADS

Default Re: can anyone identify this helmet?

Welcome to the forum!
    You should take some pictures of the helmet, and post them up here. It would really help us help you out.

Regards,
    Finn

hemiboy345
    ?

Default Re: can anyone identify this helmet?

I wish I had some picture of the helmet in its original condition. However the only pictures I have now are of the helmet converted to m40 dress. Filled 4 of the holes and my repro. Size 54. M1931 fit perfectly. If those pictures would help I could post them let me know.