Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Can someone help me identify this helmet? Thanks

Article about: New here, my grandfather had given me an German WW2 helmet about ten years ago, I have had it among other things stored away and recently brought it out and was curious as to what helmet is

MAP
    ?

Concur with the gents above...Looks like a nice clean un-messed with example based on these photos. A nice close up of the decal would be great. Lot number range is correct for having a single decal as well.

I will assume you know little about helmets. So a very very brief tutorial.

As noted above it is a Luftwaffe M-42.

First, I maybe stating the obvious but Luftwaffe was the German Air force (yes they had ground troops, anti-aircraft personnel, etc. so there was a need for helmets).

Second M-42 is the type of helmet. During WW2 the Germans had three main variations of their ubiquitous "Stahlhelm". The first was the M-35, then the M-40 and finally the M-42. The number basically represents the year they were introduced. Each successive model was designed to be more simple to manufacture necessitated by the war economy.

Here is a nice link/tutorial

Helmet ID | German War Helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone help me identify this helmet? Thanks
    P
    Many

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Nice rug!

Close up of the inside rim would assist for the hersteller stempel etc. But looks like a nice one so far.
    Thanks all for the quick responses it helped a lot. I wasn't expecting such a quick response but glad to get it, and even a compliment on my rug

Some were asking about the emblem I took to more pictures close up of it which might help.

Thanks again.

?

Sorry for the inverted pics, I am not sure why they are uploading at this angle and I do not see the edit option on this forum.

STAFIN....Of course, welcome to the forum.....You are probably having problems because you are posting from your cell phone, not your computer.

Welcome aboard Stafin. Nice helmet that looks like it has been well stored and is in very good condition.

Right as rain, a nice family heirloom. Jim G.

Very nice Lufti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2