Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Can someone help me identify the model of this German Helmet?

Article about: I am not sure if it is WWI or newer. I see no markings anywhere and there are traces of white and red paint (which obviously may have come much later). I have a feeling someone thought it wa

Default Can someone help me identify the model of this German Helmet?

I am not sure if it is WWI or newer. I see no markings anywhere and there are traces of white and red paint (which obviously may have come much later). I have a feeling someone thought it was too rusty and may have buffed everything away. Mainly I am just interested in what model you think it might be.

Can someone help me identify the model of this German Helmet?Can someone help me identify the model of this German Helmet?Can someone help me identify the model of this German Helmet?Can someone help me identify the model of this German Helmet?Can someone help me identify the model of this German Helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone help me identify the model of this German Helmet?
    P
    Many

M18.

MAP
    ?

Produced during WW1, also used during the interwar years and then some were refurbished and used during WW2. I see two coats of what appears to be feldgrau paint but no evidence of TR decals ever being added (from what I can see).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The red and other paint you see may have been
    stripped back, but I like what I see.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Steel liner band is indeed later - so it is a Model 18. Also, it is a larger size based on the air vent size. Look in the skirt for manufacturer code and size. 66 or 68 I would guess. NH

I was finally able to find the mark. It is very faint, but what I can make out is "W66," which I take to mean "Hermann Weissenburger & Co., Stuttgart-Canstatt?"

Thanks for everyone's help!

MAP
    ?

There may also be a stamp on the inside dome for the producer of the steel.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP, You are correct. I see "E485" and the rest is unreadable.

MAP
    ?

I don't have it handy but there is a site (one of the major dealers) that lists who this would be. Maybe others have the link and can chime in. Or when I return home in a few days I can find it.

Michael