Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can someone tell me if this looks genuine please.

Article about: Happy new year can anyone please tell me what you think of this german helmet i have been offered please is it real ?????? a coastal defence helmet

Default Can someone tell me if this looks genuine please.

Happy new year can anyone please tell me what you think of this german helmet i have been offered please is it real ?????? a coastal defence helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can someone tell me if this looks genuine please.   Can someone tell me if this looks genuine please.  

Can someone tell me if this looks genuine please.   Can someone tell me if this looks genuine please.  

Can someone tell me if this looks genuine please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone tell me if this looks genuine please.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Can someone tell me if this looks genuine please.

can someone help me here please before i spend quite a lot of money i dont want to get caught.

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    can someone help me here please before i spend quite a lot of money i dont want to get caught.
    Dont rush into it mate. Wait for a reply as you may regret it after! These things are hard to get confirmation on, you will get a reply I am sure

Dan

Wait for the experts to post their judgement first, there isnt any point in rushing anything if a large amount of cash is in the balance

I have my doubts about this one though, but wait for someone that knows what they are talking about

Thanks

Danny

The problem i have with it with very little knowledge on german helmets is i was always told that the cammo versions are the most faked and the more unusual ones even more so.

I quite like the wear on the paint on this helmet! But I know nothing about what it should look like so please wait & dont make the jump until your sure

the decals rust is quite ginger which i heard is a trademark for an aged helmet as it is fresh rust.

Hi Andy, the helmet itself and liner are original. So is the internal feldgrau paint. So we are left to evaluate the rest:

Liner: is it original to the shell? Well the liner band looks a bit slack within the shell. But this alone does not dismiss it as fake or tampered with. But it is a concern. Are the washers or brads intact and are the liner rivets folded only once?

External paint and decal: this is the tricky part. I will leave more learned folks than I to comment on the decal. The paint scheme is quite exotic and not a style I have seen before? Where did the helmet come or purport to come from?

I like the general wear to the air vent and the rim of the helmet. New red rust is a bad sign. Rust should be a very dark brown.

Never feel pressured to buy anything. This is often how bad deals are made. Walk away if you have any concerns.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade i was offered this after buying a relic pictured on an earlier thread.It is described by the seller as coastal cammo i have seen a similar cammo a long while ago from an old photograph of a soldier manning the atlanctic wall.

I have likes and dislikes with this lid .The wear and patina look good , the decal im not sure about as im not up on these . I like the over all look of the helmet , the one thing that bothers me is the liner rivet where the helmet is painted white , the rivet is green with a small piece of white on it , i would have thought if the helmet was painted period the soldat would have painted right over that rivet , then again it could be the paint has worn off , but it doesnt look like that to me in that pic .I also are not to keen on the area where the rivets goes threw the helmet just does sit right with me .The photos are not good enought for me if i was looking to by this helmet , i would want plenthy more , close up and clear .
    Ade is correct here , Never feel presured into buying anything , take your time look into everything , cheers Raymond

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast