Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can you read the name in this helmet...please?

Article about: Some of you may remember a helmet I posted a week or two ago, just turned up in a local house. Uncleaned and as left in May 45. I am not wanting to clean it in any way and want to display it

Default Can you read the name in this helmet...please?

Some of you may remember a helmet I posted a week or two ago, just turned up in a local house. Uncleaned and as left in May 45. I am not wanting to clean it in any way and want to display it in my museum as a helmet that turned up in August 2014, to show that items are still being found today. I am having serious trouble making out the name in the neck of the helmet and so thought some of you may be able to help, especially German speakers as it may just jump out at you as to what the name is. I think I can see Gefr, obviously for his rank, but that's as far as I can go. My eyes are not what they were.
    So have a look and let me know what you think. I tried to take a few shots to try and see if it read better from one way or another. All help is appreciated greatly.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can you read the name in this helmet...please?   Can you read the name in this helmet...please?  

Can you read the name in this helmet...please?   Can you read the name in this helmet...please?  

Can you read the name in this helmet...please?   Can you read the name in this helmet...please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can you read the name in this helmet...please?
    P
    Many

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    I am having serious trouble making out the name in the neck of the helmet and so thought some of you may be able to help, especially German speakers as it may just jump out at you as to what the name is. I think I can see Gefr, obviously for his rank, but that's as far as I can go.
    I don't think that says "Gefr.", actually. It looks like "Gg." to me; this is a common way to abbreviate the first name Georg.

As for the surname, sorry; I can't quite make sense of it. It appears to start with "Tueba...", but the last few letters...?

I say its Gef. Tueba. Cant read the last thing.

Can you read the name in this helmet...please?

Ggr Niehauss ?? That's my best guess! Leon.

?

what if you open the photo in photoshop and add white color where the corrosion has removed the text. Maybe that would make it easier to read?!

Hi,
    Thank you for your input, its much appreciated. Not one who can use such things as photoshop. An mg.34 is my sort of thing not a computer or its programmes. Hopefully others will take a look and then i can see what the majority thinks.
    Its nice to have a bit of mystery with an item every now and again... even if its just trying to work out a name.
    All the best,
    D.