Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Chicken Wire Camo @ Auction

Article about: Guys, thought you'd like to have a look. Hal

Camo paint was often applied after the application of wire, that isn't the problem with this helmet. The problem with this helmet is the fake wear/aging of the camo paint that in my opinion is not period applied. This not a helmet that I would pursue. Just my 2 cents, which I have said in the past, my wife thinks aren't worth a penny. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chicken Wire Camo @ Auction
    P
    Many

Hal
    ?

Hi Guys, just an update ( got this from a friend who was bidding on this helmet)...it sold for $7,000.00 not including the buyers commission -15%. Hal
    A long time ago in a land far,far away....

?

Unbelievable the price that some guys are willing to pay for helmet that has not been vetted and doesn't have provenance. I'm absolutley willing to take a leap of faith if a helmet sort of "feels right"...but that is usually only for less than about $500....not 7K!! Even if that helmet ended up being the real deal, that is huge money!

You know my track record with camo's...saying that I also believe the helmet is not a real camo. But someone had this helmet in hand,and may have seen something we may have missed. I wish vikingrelics would shed some light as to why the helmet is a good one.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Must be nice to be able to blow 8 Grand on a fake helmet and still feel good about it.....not all that many people Have this much money in excess to throw away...

(I wonder if VR did,indeed, purchase this wonderful piece?)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

With all the nuances & risk on camo Helmets for me for the $7000K whether authentic or reproduction still gets the patented shock face and hair raiser from me. Have steered clear of them for 30 years for this reason. The shingles virus is in us all and I think spending $7000K in my humble opinion would have me breaking out with it and in a painful rash.

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by Hal View Post
    Hi Guys, just an update ( got this from a friend who was bidding on this helmet)...it sold for $7,000.00 not including the buyers commission -15%. Hal
    Man, I'm in the wrong business! I hope the buyer is very happy with their purchase and that this one is not on the market again for many years to come. Leon.

Quote by VikingRelics View Post
    No I do not mean one of the best fakes.
    do you care to explain some of the posts here on the forum? You seem to go against the grain as you did in this thread where you failed to back up your opinion with any reasoning whatsoever:

SE66 camo w/ Marsh cover

clearly the camo has been postwar applied to the helmet that started the thread and artificially aged with tooling; there's no other way to describe it.

William Kramer

Quote by all1knew View Post
    do you care to explain some of the posts here on the forum? You seem to go against the grain as you did in this thread where you failed to back up your opinion with any reasoning whatsoever:

SE66 camo w/ Marsh cover

clearly the camo has been postwar applied to the helmet that started the thread and artificially aged with tooling; there's no other way to describe it.

William Kramer
    This thread is about the helmet posted.

If you have a problem with me or any other members expressing their opinions in general, maybe just don't read them?

Do I say anything about your opinion? No, because I don't care honestly. Everyone has one! Positive or negative at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

Quote by VikingRelics View Post
    This thread is about the helmet posted.

I agree, this is a discussion thread. Saying "Beautiful helmet, one of the best I have seen. " is fine but why do you think it is authentic? Please educate me, I want to know and I am trying to learn. What is it that you're seeing that nobody else here is seeing?

Please, by all means explain and let's discuss. To me, the artificial aging only happens within the areas of the wire, thus logically to myself the helmet was "aged" after assembly and not from true combat wear. I do not feel it is authentic and that is my reasoning. Other members besides myself have asked you to explain why you are saying the things you are in this "discussion" thread as well:

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, could you explain a little more please so that I understand what I have missed? Leon.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Do you mean "one of the best fakes"?
    Ralph.
    So, why do you feel the helmet is authentic?

William Kramer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast