Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Chicken Wire Camo @ Auction

Article about: Guys, thought you'd like to have a look. Hal

I could not make a call based on these photos ( and for 7k I would want at least a hands-on ) but I've seen ( and have owned ) blood-rotted liners and the way the tongues have shrunk is not indicative of my experience of them ...... this is more like what a chemical does to leather!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chicken Wire Camo @ Auction  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chicken Wire Camo @ Auction
    P
    Many

I fear member VR is not going to mature into a valuable contributor based on the quality of the 8 posts made over 9 months...

Quote by all1knew View Post
    I agree, this is a discussion thread. Saying "Beautiful helmet, one of the best I have seen. " is fine but why do you think it is authentic? Please educate me, I want to know and I am trying to learn. What is it that you're seeing that nobody else here is seeing?

Please, by all means explain and let's discuss. To me, the artificial aging only happens within the areas of the wire, thus logically to myself the helmet was "aged" after assembly and not from true combat wear. I do not feel it is authentic and that is my reasoning. Other members besides myself have asked you to explain why you are saying the things you are in this "discussion" thread as well:

So, why do you feel the helmet is authentic?

William Kramer
    Oh lovely to hear you are trying to learn William, one of the few on here that has to courage to admit to not knowing everything. The way I see it now is your going against the grain.

No problem explaining, discussing and maybe showing a few examples. Come track me down at the SOS in a few months. Bring your friends along if they attend any of the shows.

WHO is this VikingRelics? I have not read any information concerning a helmet as to why it my be good or bad come from his post. I am not the expert of all experts here, far from it but if he has knowledge and information to share please give details in your answers. I mean no disrepect here but your responses to post always sound condescending. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

VR,

We are all in various stages of learning. Learning never ends. But some of the WRF members opinions carry much more weight than others. It is something that has been earned over the years after countless observations and posts. In essence they have established a proven track record.

Missunderstandings happen often for various reason whether it be English language skills, interpretation of what was said/implied, writing styles and so forth. We all need to be aware of this when conversing in cyber space and take a step back and address the question at hand.

Going against the "grain" is valuable. No one likes the "me to" approach if it adds no value. Remember the story of the King who had no clothes? It only took one person to step up and go against the conventional wisdom. Critique is very important in this hobby as we all do not know everything. In academic and scientific circles, Peer review and challenges are an intergral part of proving a theory. This is what we need here.

So, if an opinion is given, especially one that is different, it is only fair to explain why. Maybe everyone did miss something. Maybe everyone was wrong. But we won't know and learn unless it is explained.
    Last edited by MAP; 10-22-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I fear member VR is not going to mature into a valuable contributor based on the quality of the 8 posts made over 9 months...
    I take that as your subtle way of saying he should do the "decent thing" and that the forum Webley is required once again....???

Chicken Wire Camo @ Auction
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Surely a self-applied croquet mallet would be more suitable?

All I can really is say is I'm disappointed that this thread has needed to extend to nearly four pages based on this piece of crap. If only the Dougmeister were still here this would have been wiped up definitively in less than one. Such is the way the knowledge on many subjects that once were here is gradually ebbing away.....
    Last edited by big ned; 10-22-2015 at 05:39 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    All I can really is say is I'm disappointed that this thread has needed to extend to nearly four pages based on this piece of crap. If only the Dougmeister were still here this would have been wiped up definitively in less than one. Such is the way the knowledge on many subjects that once was here is gradually ebbing away.....
    And Doug is not here precisely because of this....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This thread is close to being closed due to the personality attacks. We leave that form of bad behavior to other forums. Discuss politely or be gone.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast