Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Chicken Wire M42

Article about: Here is an extremely nice example of a chickenwire Heer helmet for sale. I don't know much about chicken wire helmets. Before I make an offer on it, what do you guys think about this one? I

Default Chicken Wire M42

Here is an extremely nice example of a chickenwire Heer helmet for sale. I don't know much about chicken wire helmets. Before I make an offer on it, what do you guys think about this one? I will be given a 7 day inspection period. Please be as detailed as possible. Is the decal okay? is the wiring right? Thanks for any help

Chicken Wire M42

Chicken Wire M42

Chicken Wire M42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chicken Wire M42
    P
    Many

Default Re: Chicken Wire M42

Hmm, this is a tricky one. Right off the bat I am skeptical of the chinstrap. Doesn't appear quite right to me, notice the two lines going along the edges of it. The drawstring is a replacement. The exterior shell looks like it has been cleaned. There is no doubt the helmet is original, but I'm skeptical of all the "accessories". Could you get a close up of the decal?

Regards, Corey

I'm not a fan. The exterior looks like it has been made to look like its had some use, but the liner looks brand new. No wear on the edge were the liner wraps around the liner band. No close up of the decal either. And the buckle looks wrong. The prong protrudes beyond the square part, which I have seen on repro straps. Based on just these three pics I would pass.

It's a POC (= piece of crap)

Decal = Fake or a post war applied ES decal , hard to tell without a close-up
    Chinstrap = Fake
    Wire = Fake

Who's selling and for how much ?

+1. Not for me. Like the difference between a waxwork and a real person.

?

I think I saw this on Craigslist last week