Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Childs Helmet on gun broker. Not Mine.

Article about: Just thought you guys might like to see this!!! It's not mine. If it's not ok to post this link, please delete it. I just thought it was something everyone might like to see. Rare Double Dec

Default Re: Childs Helmet on gun broker. Not Mine.

Hi Guy, no these are just toys. They are thin gauge tin steel and are very small in size. My Grandson used to insist on wearing it whenever he visited us (I have brainwashed him ) but now aged 7 it is too small for him.

I have seen photos & home movie footage of children wearing this exact pattern helmet. The tradition of military clothing as "Toys" goes back a long way in Germany. Think of how the Imperial Royal family dressed their children in sailor suits. It was possible to buy complete little uniforms and caps. Of course, Mothers back then were quite capable of making little uniforms. Even political SA type uniforms were made in the early 1930's. Remember the little lad seen at the start of the TV documentary series "The Nazis: a warning from history".

I like these helmets both from a collectors point of view and as a peice of social history.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Childs Helmet on gun broker.  Not Mine.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Childs Helmet on gun broker. Not Mine.

Just an odd little aside that you reminded me of Ade, when talking about children and military toys it reminded me of a brown bess musket I had a while back that was a complete working gun but in all ways miniature about .30 caliber instead of .75 and probably a total of about 40 inches long. These toys are fun to find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2