Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Chin strap(s) check

Article about: I have an opportunity to acquire these two straps. One is 1940 and one is dated 42. Do they look ok to you guys?

Default Re: Chin strap(s) check

Here is another shot of buckle...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chin strap(s) check
    P
    Many

These might be OK. I have a strap that has a similar looking steel buckle. I'd like to see a side shot of the buckle, and the stitching on mine is a little different and not black. The straps I'm still on the fence about, but leaning more towards OK. Like a few closer up pics.

They are both original chinstraps. I own or have owned original helmets with these exact same style buckles. The leather and stitching are perfect on both of them.

Regards,

Corey

I think the seller is deliberately hiding the front side of the steel buckle. See how in the first shot it is hidden under the strap? Why is that do you think? Also in this last shot he is showing only the reverse side of the buckle. If it is a humpback fake, he's doing his best to hide the fact.

Another point to consider is the 'furry' edge of the leather on the steel buckle short strap. IMO 70+ year old leather is unlikley to look like this.

In all fairness to the seller. He provided me with a set of photos of the two straps. I didn't post them all initially. So, it is not like I asked him to take additional shots and this is what he provided. He provided me with an initial set of photos. Also, the seller has a good reputation. I have no reason to question his integrity. I ended up buying them as he agreed to take them back if they were reproductions.

?

Both are good.

Thanks Doug. I was getting nervous.

About time Doug. You could have saved us all this trouble but it was a good discussion.

?

Sorry, I just checked the thread now LOL. That said, a good discussion is always worth having, its the only way to learn about things!
    Cheers!
    Doug

Doug 'to the point' Buhler, like a rifle crack of experience tearing through the darkness

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast