Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Chinstrap. Original or not

Article about: I just can't tell anymore!!! What do you think Thanks

Default Chinstrap. Original or not

I just can't tell anymore!!! What do you think
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chinstrap. Original or not   Chinstrap. Original or not  

Chinstrap. Original or not   Chinstrap. Original or not  

Chinstrap. Original or not   Chinstrap. Original or not  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chinstrap. Original or not
    P
    Many

Default Re: Chinstrap. Original or not

Hi John, it's a bad one for me. I've not handled one this late and it could just be minty which is throwing me off, but I don't get a warm and fuzzy. The stamp looks pretty bad to me, and it looks like it would smell strongly of leather too.

My sentiments exactly, but it don't smell of leather, and the RB number is not listed as a fake .......for me it's a bug bare

Hi John , it is a tough one but for me I would say it is a very good fake. I only feel that way because both the short and long end show moderate wear but the end of the long end where the RB number is looks immaculate? I would have thought that would not be likely unless it was "taped" and I see no sign of that. Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 07-23-2013 at 09:30 PM.

?

I have to admit, its a bit on the fence with me,for some reason the buckle holes just look too big and rounded, I've been used to slightly elongated holes,which I've always associated with originals,the newness of the end leather tends to signify either an unissued example or good repro and I can't decide which

Use the same practice on a chin strap as you would an SS helmet, if you have doubts just save your cash untill a sure bet comes along :-)

This one is a No for me.

Thanks for the comments guys, I haven't bought it as such, it came in at the week end. It's one of those that you say, is it or isn't it. In hand it's very good, not like the normal repros where you can say straight away, its fake
    I will, as always, aire on the side of caution, and chuck it!

Interesting comment guys, for me I quite like it. The buckle end looks fine, the pin looks to be the right length, wear and stretching looks OK, I think I can see an elongated hole (far right on the 1st pic), the only possible snag IMO is the stamp which does look very 'fresh' so overall i'm in favor of taking a punt on this piece if the price is right.