MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Chinstraps ID

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, Are these chinstraps original or known repros ? They're both the same, i got them 15 yrs ago and kept them as spare parts Thanks in advance

One should also notice the angle and length of the 'V' at the end of the strap. On the repro I have shown it is much more stubby.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chinstraps ID
    P
    Many

Well I think you have it in the bag then there "ol boy" , two very nice original straps! I am glad my initial thoughts were confirmed and not "blown" sky high! I must admit though, us Reich lid nerds probably do pay much more attention to the paint work than the straps ( quite rightly so imho) !
    Would never get away with that line of thought with a British MKII as the strap is a must have on those. (but then again, I do persist in trying to "educate" those fella's over there on the fakers arts as they are getting every bit as ambitious and expensive as the German lids now!!! Leon.

Hello,
    Thanks again to you Leon and to all those who left a comment in the thread...
    I just wanted to make sure i own original chinstraps in order to add one to a M42 helmet i've just sold...but the buyer does want the helmet without chinstrap, as it was found in Normandie...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2