Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chrome Parade helmet?

Article about: I have never seen a chrome parade helmet but this claims is original! My uncle told me stories of them chroming german helmets back in the 1960's to sell to hot rodders and motorcycle riders

Default Chrome Parade helmet?

I have never seen a chrome parade helmet but this claims is original! My uncle told me stories of them chroming german helmets back in the 1960's to sell to hot rodders and motorcycle riders ..But i have my doubts that this is a real World War 2 helmet
    [URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310200933196&_trksid=p 2761.l1259"]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chrome Parade helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Chrome Parade helmet?

you may need to repost the picture

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310200933196 it wont let me copy the pic so here is the link

?

Hi guys!
    This claim is indeed true.

I have one of these chromed helmets sitting on my desk right now.
    My great uncle Garry, who was a large man and was involved in some very not so legal organizations was a biker; when he was not fixing his gigantic chopper he was collecting militaria of all sorts, which is why I have such an acute interest in history, seeing all of those Iron Crosses and other medals from all around the world really hit me(I only say Iron Crosses specifically because out of all the medals I saw, they are the only ones I remember, seeing as I was like..8 when I did see them), but anyways. Out of all this militaria he had a prized possession! An SS helmet, he loved it even more than the SS cap he kept in a box somewhere in that dungeon of a room he had.
    But anyways, he passed away about 4 years ago from cancer and I wish I had been aware that members of my family were eager to make a quick buck off what they considered junk, but I guess thats the way it rolls, and his collection was sold off quickly, just like his bike and other belongings.
    Last year when I turned 17 child family services moved me to my grandparents house, I got a room in the basement, which is very large and crammed with boxes of old junk. So one day during the summer I began to clean up this garbage and I found the last box of my uncle Garrys things. Which included a cheap little tv set, some blankets and a box of rings and other very biker-like jewelry! But at the bottom of the box I found something shiny.
    A chromed German helmet!
    I asked my grandmother about it and she said my uncle loved it so much he got it chromed and wore it on the road while on his chopper.

Anywho, I put it on a mannequin head and put it on the table, its such a nice helmet, I'll take a photo of it and post it when I get the chance.

they had a similar post on here about that helmet, some person on here contacted the seller and they got pretty pissed off. people will sell a pile of crap to you and tell you it come from some top ss officer.

Quote by Lonny View Post
    Hi guys!
    This claim is indeed true.

I have one of these chromed helmets sitting on my desk right now.
    My great uncle Garry, who was a large man and was involved in some very not so legal organizations was a biker; when he was not fixing his gigantic chopper he was collecting militaria of all sorts, which is why I have such an acute interest in history, seeing all of those Iron Crosses and other medals from all around the world really hit me(I only say Iron Crosses specifically because out of all the medals I saw, they are the only ones I remember, seeing as I was like..8 when I did see them), but anyways. Out of all this militaria he had a prized possession! An SS helmet, he loved it even more than the SS cap he kept in a box somewhere in that dungeon of a room he had.
    But anyways, he passed away about 4 years ago from cancer and I wish I had been aware that members of my family were eager to make a quick buck off what they considered junk, but I guess thats the way it rolls, and his collection was sold off quickly, just like his bike and other belongings.
    Last year when I turned 17 child family services moved me to my grandparents house, I got a room in the basement, which is very large and crammed with boxes of old junk. So one day during the summer I began to clean up this garbage and I found the last box of my uncle Garrys things. Which included a cheap little tv set, some blankets and a box of rings and other very biker-like jewelry! But at the bottom of the box I found something shiny.
    A chromed German helmet!
    I asked my grandmother about it and she said my uncle loved it so much he got it chromed and wore it on the road while on his chopper.

Anywho, I put it on a mannequin head and put it on the table, its such a nice helmet, I'll take a photo of it and post it when I get the chance.
    lonny when you get a chance could you take a picture of the inside of your helmet. i'm a little interested now. i remember my father telling me when he was little, old WWII stuff was everywhere.

?

Hey, gooseandspoons!
    I will gladly take a photo of the inside, but don`t expect high res photos or anything fancy! Right now I`m just stuck with my little camera phone!

Lonny.