MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Chromed helmets, what is the big deal?

Article about: i like old cars with chrome not old helmets........now if that chrome was on a 55 chev or a fc holden it would be a different story

Default Chromed helmets, what is the big deal?

Here we have one again:
    Find Vintage WWII German Army Helmet....Chromed on eBay Global Buying, with worldwide deals on items in all your top categories

A German helmet destroyed, just looking at them makes me want to sick, fine way to destroy a perfectly good helmet.
    But the funny thing is that these are apparently quite popular, this one is currently going for 250 $, you could get a complete German helmet for that if you are lucky.

Tell me, why are people attracted to these?
    Attached Images Attached Images Chromed helmets, what is the big deal?  Chromed helmets, what is the big deal?  Chromed helmets, what is the big deal?  Chromed helmets, what is the big deal? 
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chromed helmets, what is the big deal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Chromed helmets, what is the big deal?

Well... everything that shines definitely isn´t gold!!!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

A popular thing to do in the 70's, sort of biker chic and though not something still being done ( I hope ), they probably still have an appeal to some.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Vegar, I have added the pics to your post. Other than that, Jerry has covered it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    A popular thing to do in the 70's, sort of biker chic and though not something still being done ( I hope ), they probably still have an appeal to some.
    Yes , this was a thing amonst the Hell's Angel's & bikers back in the late 60's & 70's as shown here on the front cover of a book.....
    Attached Images Attached Images Chromed helmets, what is the big deal? 

Fortunatly, you can pick up these novelty chrome biker lids for less than $30 bucks these days...good incentive no screw up another collectable!

?

I assume that during the Chrome Age it was cool to do this to German helmets.... which were relatively cheap at the time. Just wonder if there is any way to remove the chrome and liberate the original helmet?

Chrome plate can be removed, we have some info about this on the forum posted by Nige H.

nickle plated m42

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I kinda like these actually. I know that I'm in the minority, but I find American Surfer/Biker culture really interesting in how they superficially turned these iconic German symbols like the Stahlhelm and the Iron Cross into pop cultural symbols for their own ends. I'm considering buying one of these chromed helmets to add to my ET64 Stahlhelm collection.

?

Yeh they ruined the helmets , but also gave a new use and history to these....I have thought about finding one just to show what happened to these post war....I have an M35 shell with the vent holes welded over thst was used to mix paint in

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast