Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Chunky camo helmet for review

Article about: I pick up this chunky Aluminum oxide several years ago. I have never seen one like this before. Any thought would be helpful.

Default Chunky camo helmet for review

I pick up this chunky Aluminum oxide several years ago. I have never seen one like this before on a M42.. the whitish specks appear to be the aluminum. Any thought would be helpful.

Chunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for reviewChunky camo helmet for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chunky camo helmet for review
    P
    Many

I like it. JimG.

Hi...two different sets of photos. The exterier shots show better detail - the paint/wear looks quite convincing (although the split pins look to have no texture?) and the chinstrap looks like a post war addition.

The paint on the shell is good , not sure if the liner belongs in that helmet the rivet heads do seem different.
    Chinstrap is a cheap Czech fake.

i took photos indoors and outdoors for a natural light photographic detail. Yes i thought the chin strap was a repo. The split pins are thigh as is the liner itself. unless it was a period re-issued

Quote by SS gentleman View Post
    i took photos indoors and outdoors for a natural light photographic detail. Yes i thought the chin strap was a repo. The split pins are thigh as is the liner itself. unless it was a period re-issued
    Tight means nothing in itself. It's the interior pins and the outside rivets heads that can show clues of tampering.

Hi, well for what it is worth (my opinion that is!), I think you have a very nice shell that has had a replacement period liner fitted. Whether that was done period or later I am not 100% sure, but all parts appear original ( other than the chinstrap ) so I would be inclined to be hoping that the helmet itself is as it was left 1945. Leon.

I got out my trusty old 10X magnifier out to check the pins. The back pin has a light coating of the Aluminum oxide on it.

Thanks everyone for your help and opinions much appreciated.

Quote by SS gentleman View Post
    I got out my trusty old 10X magnifier out to check the pins. The back pin has a light coating of the Aluminum oxide on it.

Thanks everyone for your help and opinions much appreciated.
    Great! Then it looks all good apart from that chinstrap, I would loose that personally, but that's your decision. Leon.

Thanks All for your opinions