Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Civic/Fire Police helmet liner type

Article about: I've been trying to educate myself with regards to the various configurations within the realm of civic helmets, specifically and largely civic Police helmets. With this in mind I've encount

Default Civic/Fire Police helmet liner type

I've been trying to educate myself with regards to the various configurations within the realm of civic helmets, specifically and largely civic Police helmets.
    With this in mind I've encountered this specific type of liner on a few civic Police helmets and, I don't know, I just found it kind of odd looking compared to the other types I usually see these helmets fitted with... so, if you could help me out here guys; is the liner posted below a variation of the more commonly seen TR period civic liner or is it some kind of post-war type?

(double decal Police helmet photo credit to johnnyg.westhost.com)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Civic/Fire Police helmet liner type
    P
    Many

Default Re: Civic/Fire Police helmet liner type

Good question, my liner is a cream color but I have seen different versions, I would say that is an ok TR era liner since I have seen a few like that, I know the fire version has a black leather neck flap that would attach to those tabs and match the liner, but wait for chris to comment, he is the civilian lid expert.

It is definitely TR period. I have several with the identical liner. I think these liners were French in origin, and many Civic Police and Feuerwehr helmets were fitted with them.

?

They look French or maybe even Belgian. There are a ton of civil liner variants.

That is very interesting, I would never have thought about that... thanks a lot for chiming in guys! So, seeing as they are indeed foreign; would you say that they were taken from already occupied territories or could they simply have been pre-ww2 imports?

Here's a small photo I just found of a Belgian m1915 Adrian with a liner that looks just like the one fitted in the double decal civic police

The french Adrian type liner seems nearly identical as well so I guess it's a toss-up what type it really is... ( well, at least for me...) This is all very interesting to me though, I already knew that a lot of captured equipment was used and so forth but I did NOT know that the Germans actually utilized foreign liners in their own "native" helmet types, such as here with the m34!