Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

CKL factory stamp

Article about: Ran across this helmet recently but am not familiar with the CKL stamps. I have seen them with both uppercase and lowercase letters but not in this format. Any ideas on if it is an original

Default CKL factory stamp

Ran across this helmet recently but am not familiar with the CKL stamps. I have seen them with both uppercase and lowercase letters but not in this format. Any ideas on if it is an original stamp? Instincts say no....
    Attached Images Attached Images CKL factory stamp 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CKL factory stamp
    P
    Many

Show the rest of the helmet as required by forum rules. This thread should be closed.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Show the rest of the helmet as required by forum rules. This thread should be closed.
    Was not aware of this "Rule"... Thanks for the information.. Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

You're right. GHWII has that rule, not WRF. Sorry, my mistake, but to post these pictures is a waste. Post the whole helmet and you'll get reliable analysis. By the way, this is probably a chinese fake, but is absolutely a fake, whatever its country of origin. The stampings make no sense. CKL is the late War ET manufacturer's id, buy the next 2 numbers should be the size (from 60 - 72 - the circumference of the dome in centimeters). An "06" size? Nonsense. The "64" would be a correct size stamp, but the size stamp would ALWAYS be stamped immediately after the maker code. This helmet is a complete fake.

Hi, fake junk as stated just from that stamp. More pictures are a must in all posts, but on this occasion there's no need to bother. Leon.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    You're right. GHWII has that rule, not WRF. Sorry, my mistake, but to post these pictures is a waste. Post the whole helmet and you'll get reliable analysis. By the way, this is probably a chinese fake, but is absolutely a fake, whatever its country of origin. The stampings make no sense. CKL is the late War ET manufacturer's id, buy the next 2 numbers should be the size (from 60 - 72 - the circumference of the dome in centimeters). An "06" size? Nonsense. The "64" would be a correct size stamp, but the size stamp would ALWAYS be stamped immediately after the maker code. This helmet is a complete fake.
    I agree totally... To have not the benefit of the "Whole" package for useful consideration and observation is "Useless" for the members here... I was skeptical about this rule... I am glad this matter has been given thought and hope in the future that other WRF members adhere to this thread's example of lack of pics in order for a fair evaluation and discussion regarding "Any" relics we may have ... My compliments !! G

MAP
    ?

Posting the "whole" package as Jim says really is essential in any analysis.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sorry did not mean to break the ruke. Saw it this morning at the flea market and snapoed a quick picture to reference. Outside looked newish but thought it could be a decent shell.

?

Quote by jtr1982 View Post
    Sorry did not mean to break the ruke. Saw it this morning at the flea market and snapoed a quick picture to reference. Outside looked newish but thought it could be a decent shell.
    That is absurd....No one takes photos of a maker mark without full picture evidence.. Rubbish... I agree now... this thread should be closed...