Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Classic Normandy cammo:-)

Article about: Hello, I have just bought my first real Normandy Helmet from the famed dealer Jessens and wish to share it with you here for referance.It cost me quite a bit but well worth it the way prices

Default Re: Classic Normandy cammo:-)

That M40 Luft helmet is a very obvious fake that even I can tell, the paint inside doesnt look anything like something thats around 70 years old and been used in a war, more like something that was painted yesterday

Thanks

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Classic Normandy cammo:-)
    P
    Many

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Hello Tom ,

There are only a handful of dealers where you can buy a helmet with almost 100% guarantee. This dealer is not one of them I'm afraid.

Point in case this 1500$ so-called tropical helmet which is a complete fake : Views of Luftwaffe M40 Tropical Single Decal Combat Helmet, German WWII Headgear - Jessen's Relics Military Memorabilia

Or this one that costs as much as yours , 2250$ , has a fake birdy and of course fake camo
    Views of Luftwaffe Model 42 Single Decal Camouflage Combat Helmet, German WWII Headgear - Jessen's Relics Military Memorabilia
    Jeez. Those are a couple of absolute howlers! Obvious fakes. I guess people just want to dive in at the deep end when they start collecting and go for a 'wow factor camo' with out knowing a damn thing about them. Some will believe a story and ignore the obvious realities. Hmm. Not for me thank you very much. Give me a simple salty old SD Heer any day.

wow,,,i didn't pay much attention to the skirt color,,it is definitely black,,as i glanced at it,it appeared a very dark green,,,i would hate to think that the seller was fooled on this item,so could it be possible that it was painted black,as has been noted and then wwII camo'ed???...i would be absolutely sick to my stomach to the point of fainting if i bought something like this and it turned out to be faked up garbage,,,anybody here with me on that???

If it is black, then we have a problem.

Robert, I hear you on that...

Cheers, Ade.

thanks Ade for the support....i will start a new support group...MCA,,,militarycollectorsanonymous...

Hello,
    Is it a czech marking on the liner ? (the one that has been crossed out ?)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Jeez. Those are a couple of absolute howlers! Obvious fakes. I guess people just want to dive in at the deep end when they start collecting and go for a 'wow factor camo' with out knowing a damn thing about them. Some will believe a story and ignore the obvious realities. Hmm. Not for me thank you very much. Give me a simple salty old SD Heer any day.
    Got to agree Jim those two are not good ones at all
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    If it is black, then we have a problem.

Robert, I hear you on that...

Cheers, Ade.
    I don`t know, for me its dark green.Perhaps we need Photos on Daylight.
    Tom, which Paint is it?

Regards
    Nikolaus

Hello again,
    Well this seller was recommended by a fellow walhalla member who happens to be one of the biggest collectors of German Helmets in Australia and i mention no names. The paint under the cammo is not black but dark grey as per M40 Heer Helmets as i have a common version with single decal that is not cammoed. Under extreme magnification this paint is not postwar and its very evident around the airvents etc. I took another look at the tan cammo Luftwaffe and see nothing wrong other than almost zero ware so may have been captured soon after it was done and also has a painted out decal. Who in their right mind would do such a thing when a huge risk for minimal value. Also i will forward the bird from the other cammo you said was fake to my friend who will know if its right or wrong
    Where does the bad reputation come from for this seller as i here nothing but good comments?

Tom

i have know and dealt with this seller for over 30 years,and i would quite frankly,but stunned if he sold something that wasn't legit,,,of course no one can be an expert in all things,but this seller has always given me fair deals on original items,,,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast