Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Clearly mark them repro please

Article about: Iv seen one legit site where the guy takes repro shells and agees them ,in some cases to the buyers taste .you want an aged russian front whitewashed helmet ,you got it.i think they are even

Default Clearly mark them repro please

Iv seen one legit site where the guy takes repro shells and agees them ,in some cases to the buyers taste .you want an aged russian front whitewashed helmet ,you got it.i think they are even calling themselves artists.in many cases frankly they do a good job.my main gripe is they should be clearly marked repro and any honest seller would want to do this anyway ,if he claims his buisness is legitamate.ps i mean marked in such a way thats its impossible to erase the mark!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Clearly mark them repro please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Clearly mark them repro please

I believe they do!!! I have seen such Helmets sold as Repro & marked. Also the Museum quality (hmmm) repro pieces are also marked Repro.

However, I have recently came across 2 US M1 helmets used for hollywood & they were brilliant copies & unmarked so only an expert would know!

Really?does anyone have any pictures of repro german helmet s which are clearly marked repro ?

?

There is defiantely some guy doing repros who is marking them up as such can't remember his name or site i'm sure someone will.

The problem is in a few years time when these marks are removed they'll be doing the rounds as genuine ones if they aren't already
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

In the future I think you will need a very in depth knowledge of the real thing to spot the fakes. They seem to be getting better, but I'm sure that true collectors will still be able to spot those little things which give the fakes away. I saw some stuff on another helmet forum about decal magnification up to 400x zoom. This seems to be a very good way to spot a fake decal, as apparently fakers cant match the detail at this level of magnification!

P.S Have a good time in Estonia paul!!

?

Will do Jim i hope it's as successful as our recent trips
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings