Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CLK64 3154 M42 SD Heer, mild relic.

Article about: Sorry for the bad pics, setting sun after a snowy morning and the light is brutal, and sort of wretched as well. That sort of cold harsh winter light that does nothing for picture quality...

Default ckl64 3154 M42 SD Heer, mild relic.

Sorry for the bad pics, setting sun after a snowy morning and the light is brutal, and sort of wretched as well. That sort of cold harsh winter light that does nothing for picture quality... Bit of a strange story behind this one, but I'm fairly convinced it's real. The decal seems 100% legit. Seller info was that "it turned up at an estate sale" in Fayetteville, North Carolina, no other history known. Quite a rough, grippy finish to the touch, and surprisingly heavy. Liner is worn through at the edge, near the front, to the wool, indicating a lot of wear? Wish I knew the history on it...

It's not in the best shape, liner wise, but it will have to do (for now anyway ;-) I would have been perfectly content with a no decal M42, albeit maybe one with a better liner and maybe even a chinstrap, but the decal on this one puts it over the top for me. It is exactly what I was looking for.

Thx everyone that's helped me with the homework needed to buy a helmet (this is not easy...), it has been, and will be much appreciated ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CLK64 3154 M42 SD Heer, mild relic.
    P
    Many

Default Re: CLK64 3154 M42 SD Heer, mild relic.

It's slightly more than a relic. There is still collector value in this helmet. Post some all around pics when you can. We like to see entire helmets looks like a decent ET helmet to start your helmet collecting.

That's an excellent helmet, a one looker for sure. The dome stamp is a nice addition to.

Regards,
    Corey

Love these SD M42s!!

Thx guys ;-)

I agree, it's real looker. It's got that quality that I was searching for. The ultimate battlefield relic, but still in good enough shape to pass for near excellent condition. This is really like trying to have your cake and eat it too .-)

Will definitely try a better series of pics, light willing, maybe tomorrow with a few periods "cootermints" as some people say, meaning accoutrements... ;-) Here's an accidental flash shot I just pulled out of my trash bin and tamed the light on just a bit. It really shows the wear on the top of the lid, it got knocked around a bit but there are no dents. This is really thick steel. I don't remember the American helmet being this thick?

?

Certainly not in relic condition, that is quite a nice SD Heer M42.
    Congratulations on a good pickup.

Brad.

This is not relic,very nice helmet.
    chris

I love it. I keep looking myself thanks for sharing

As one member said on one of your previous threads - "with all due respect , I hope you quickly buy your first genuine helmet "

..... and so you have - congratulations! ( beware however, the bug has bitten )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    As one member said on one of your previous threads - "with all due respect , I hope you quickly buy your first genuine helmet "

..... and so you have - congratulations! ( beware however, the bug has bitten )

Dan
    It only takes one! I wanted to buy just one for the collection. Quickly spirals out of control.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast