Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Combat M42 helmet ?

Article about: Hello Experts A little history about this helmet, today I visited an "old" lady in our family, and she had been cleaning her house and found this helmet. Her husband helped cleanin

Default Combat M42 helmet ?

Hello Experts
    A little history about this helmet, today I visited an "old" lady in our family, and she had been cleaning her house and found this helmet. Her husband helped cleaning out the shelters/ bunkers in copenhagen in 1945, so she had some things, Gasmasks, philips blackout bulbs etc. But my question is about this helmet, which type is it, Combat and which nr M42. This helmet is in an excellent condition, it has not been used much. Inside helmet, size 56, nr 3248, the letters CPS, and a littel sticker with 28 on it.
    Best regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Combat M42 helmet ?   Combat M42 helmet ?  

Combat M42 helmet ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat M42 helmet ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Combat M42 helmet ?

Post war painted helmet with a civic style liner. Probably used by the fire department in that country.

The pictures are really too small ...

Thanks Schwerpunkt, but when I look at this page (German-Helmets.com) It cannot be Fire Dep, then if it is not combat it looke more like a Police Helmet (M1935, M1940, M1942).
    Regards
    John

I agree its a post war repaint M42 - Defiantly not a german liner. Does it show any outlines of decals under the paint?

Pics are to small but I would say Czech repaint or original shell

Hello VolksJager
    I am sure this helmet is not repainted, when I look/ and feel closely at the helmet the paint seems to be real, and furthermore would the small blank "screws" on the helmet be painted too, as they normally are when it is repainted. I cannot see any trace og any Decal, and the helmet has always been i Denmark. It was taken out of one of the air shelters/ bunkers in Copenhagen just after the German kapitulation, and has always been put away by this old lady in my family. The leather inside the helmet is close to new, the helmet has not been used much. I will upload some bigger pics
    Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Combat M42 helmet ?   Combat M42 helmet ?  

Combat M42 helmet ?   Combat M42 helmet ?  

?

I have a similar black M42 helmet with a postwar liner. When I received it, it was green, but removed the green paint to reveal the original black. After posting onto this forum, I was informed that the helmet was produced late in the war and was issued postwar as a fireman's helmet. Maybe that's what you have.

It is a M42 combat helmet but definitely not an original German WWII set up.............!

The helmet is a repaint though, re-issued post-war for civil use with a European liner
    - as Schwerpunkt has said - Probably Latvian or Czech. These appear on ebay all
    the time, also available as empty black shells with no liner or rivets. ( Like the liner
    the rivets on the helmet above are not WWII era )

As often said - 'Buy the item, not the story'............
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 02-25-2011 at 03:36 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

i have one of these also,and it is just as it has been said above