Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Combat Used Beaded Helmet - Former Double Decal Combat Police Helmet

Article about: I have had this one forever - an M35 beaded shell, NS62, lot number 844, that, I believe, started its service life as a beaded Combat Police helmet. It was apparently pressed into service la

Default Combat Used Beaded Helmet - Former Double Decal Combat Police Helmet

I have had this one forever - an M35 beaded shell, NS62, lot number 844, that, I believe, started its service life as a beaded Combat Police helmet. It was apparently pressed into service late in the War as a combat lid at which time it received its final brownish green combat overpaint. It seems that originally they painted around the decals, but later reconsidered and the decals, sadly, were scraped off. I would have expected the original Police adler to have been unbordered, but the last decal on the left that was scraped off was a bordered example. In fact, from the remnants of the decals on the left, it appears that during its service life it was redecaled at least twice, as there are remnants of two bordered Police decals on this one. It is complete with liner and chin strap. The liner is named, and there is a second inscription on the leather but I can't make out what is written there. Too bad it can't talk to preserve what the wearers of this one experienced - from all outward appearances of this helmet they probably saw a lot. Overall it is a pretty cool helmet, hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Combat Used Beaded Helmet - Former Double Decal Combat Police Helmet   Combat Used Beaded Helmet - Former Double Decal Combat Police Helmet  

Combat Used Beaded Helmet - Former Double Decal Combat Police Helmet   Combat Used Beaded Helmet - Former Double Decal Combat Police Helmet  

Combat Used Beaded Helmet - Former Double Decal Combat Police Helmet   Combat Used Beaded Helmet - Former Double Decal Combat Police Helmet  

Combat Used Beaded Helmet - Former Double Decal Combat Police Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat Used Beaded Helmet - Former Double Decal Combat Police Helmet
    P
    Many

Very cool helmet, not seen many like this, but a cool look !

Interesting lid, i suppose the Wehrmacht pressed all kinds of helmets into service towards the end!....

Now that is a real scarcity Jim, not often you see a beaded helmet that shows the signs of being a combat used piece. Leon.