Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Crap from Weitze militaria

Article about: A few of the bad apples from the current Weitze inventory and not for small money either ... Camo bad , KM decals bad , LW eagle bad.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    What do your personal dealings with this dealer have to do with the fakes I posted ?
    You condone him selling fakes ? This is only a small sample of fakes, he has been selling crap under the radar for years. It will not just be the helmets.

Instead of giving these dealers the slip make them account for it , think beyond your personal level and of the greater good for the community.
    Whats the point of dealer bashing ? or having a crack at other members for purchasing off them? Is it going to change anything, not one bit.
    I have bought from Weitze before with no problem, why ? because i knew what i was looking for.

If you are so distraught with what is happening just don't browse/buy/ look at his inventory ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Crap from Weitze militaria
    P
    Many

What do your personal dealings with this dealer have to do with the fakes I posted ?
    You condone him selling fakes ? This is only a small sample of fakes, he has been selling crap under the radar for years. It will not just be the helmets.

Instead of giving these dealers the slip make them account for it , think beyond your personal level and of the greater good for the community.
    Let's keep this at a polite level. I did not read anything in Carl's post that condones the selling of fakes. Your response is definitely an over reaction and misinterpretation of the post.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Per Bob's post. As far as being polite and dealer bashing. Dealers are human and make errors. We all know this as we have all made mistakes in our collecting career. Extending some grace and professionalism to them is the right thing to do. I have bought a few things from dealers over the years. If I see something that is a repro or not authentic I say something. I damn well better have done my homework and do so before bringing it to their attention. It is the right thing to do it and in most cases the dealer says thanks and takes the item down. I have nothing against dealers but we as collectors have to remember they are in it for profit and have overhead and the risk of buying the item and sitting on it should they not buy it right. I try to remain neutral and see both sides and not get too tightly wound up about it. Pick a dealer you trust and if they service the hell out of you and you can count on a return with no problem from time to time stick with them. Dealers lives matter too.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

LOL, your "excuses" are the very reason they keep f*cking colllectors over.
    But maybe this is an expected response from a dealer sponsored forum.
    I show fakes and the dealer fifth columns show up to change the subject.

I was planning of setting up camp and participate actively but it is clear we do not share the same drive to better the collecting world.
    Keep 'em dumb , that's the spirit.

Over... and out.

I was planning of setting up camp and participate actively but it is clear we do not share the same drive to better the collecting world.

Over... and out.
    You are welcome to your opinion but your statement about the forum is way out of line. Evidently, you have the opinion that anyone who does not agree with you is siding with the fakers. I personally have lost a huge amount of money over my many years of collecting, much to someone I considered a personal friend. This forum has been a place of learning for those who want to learn. We can not dry nurse everyone who comes along and does not want our assistance. Your post deserves an apology to the membership, moderators and the forum itself as it is out of line and an outright falsehood backed by nothing but your prejudice.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Just my thought on the subject, seeing as how I posted on the other thread mentioned earlier. Personally, I like Weitze. I have found a goodly number of bits from him over the years that have passed. Do I Trust him? Nope. As Frank said, he sells Alot of fake garbage. And he Certainly must do so Knowingly. He is a long time established seller, and if he did Not know what he was selling by this point, it would be ludicrous. This only leaves the option that he is deliberately doing so for the profit, as said. However...he does Also sell a lot of good Quality items as well. Trash with the Treasures. And this is exactly why I agree with KMMorris. Because I know what I am looking at. This hobby is no longer one where people can blindly purchase things from even the "big names" and rest easy with their acquisitions. It's the old "X-Files" motto all over-"Trust No One". If you don't know a thing about what you are spending money on and are relying Entirely on what the seller is telling you, then, frankly, you're destined to crash and burn and to Be burned.

As for myself, I'd like to Thank Frank for posting the helmet that he did and for bringing this inability to blindly trust even established dealers to the spotlight. In many ways, I think that Helmets are an even worse minefield now than Badges. I never would have thought it 50 years ago, but with the prices they are bringing today, the big money makes it just irresistible for the thieves to not want in on the profits. And they are getting Damned Good at it. I would very much Hope that he sees fit to continue to come here and keep his well-trained eyes on the endless parade of helmets, as he is one of the few that are Good at spotting the trash from the treasures!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Over... and out.
    These statements do not correspond to the ethos and practice of this site. Nor does my work here constitute being a "fifth columnist" for dealers.
    I associate myself with Bob Coleman's demand for an apology. This kind of generalization is not correct, and does a signal disservice to many here
    who are devoted to the truth in military regalia as anyone. Neither dealers nor collectors are saints, nor pillars of human virtue.
    Many collectors, who pose as guardians of the public good on line, are, in fact, digital narcissists who make constant errors, and then refuse to acknowledge
    their errors. Adrian Stevenson and his moderators have run a fine site, and if anyone wants to embark on such foolish name calling as seen here,
    then let them do it elsewhere and let them also improve their written style and argument.
    The legion paranoia of this age only benefits a small clique who wants to keep the bulk of people dumb and chase off others who are timid and unsure.
    Paul Sack told me recently that the downturn in the regalia market has sharpened competition, and made in fighting and bickering into the norm.
    This social Darwinian process means that we all lose in the end. So be it.

PS The out of line comments at Carl the Moderator are also seriously in error. He has been a very fine member of this site, who upholds its ideals of education and service.
    Nor is he a person to imbibe in this all too cussed lord of the flies paranoia and name calling, as visible here. He is also owed an apology.
    With more of this Zeitgeist, no one will bother with this absurdity any longer, frankly, since one has nicer things to do than have one's digital throat cut
    in some fundamentalist spasm. It is better to watch pictures of cats playing on line than to fuss about fake decalcomania. The decalcomania madness is
    right up there with the "skull" madness as a sink hole of human calumny. Pfui.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-18-2016 at 11:35 PM.

?

Over... and out.
    Schwerpunkt,

Respectfully...I did commend you for being a guardian of the lids but it doesn't make you God's gatekeeper to the militaria world. Sorry I did not feed your ego enough for simply pointing out a fake helmet. Relax a bit and take the comments here as not enabling dealers. Each of us has had their ups and downs with our own experiences. They are not all demons as you make them out to be.

To insult the members here as if we are some "blind followers"..."forum bought by dealers"...like hogs lead to market is rude and another matter. A wise soldier once told me..."The tail doesn't wag the dog...The dog wags the tail". Since you seem above us and have a higher drive per your comment...we will miss you setting up camp and participating actively. We are obviously below your intellect.

Lastly...To some how insinuate that we don't care about bettering the collecting world is the biggest slap to the moderators and collectors faces. We all give time and energy each day of the week to help educate, authenticate & validate to protect the hobby & EACH OTHER - Semper Fi.

Sorry...Your bark deserved a good bite. Woof! Devil Dog Out
    Last edited by Rossi; 07-19-2016 at 12:28 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

PS I do not collect steel helmets, and have never done so because of the inherent problems associated with them.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Whats the point of dealer bashing ? or having a crack at other members for purchasing off them? Is it going to change anything, not one bit.
    I have bought from Weitze before with no problem, why ? because i knew what i was looking for.

If you are so distraught with what is happening just don't browse/buy/ look at his inventory ?
    +1 ......attack the item not the person...... the truth of the item will speak more in volumes if deemed bogus and the persons integrity will be called to account. That in itself will do more damage..than a witch hunt of a thread. There are more collectors talking behind the scenes than what is ever posted in a thread.

These forums are for research even for questionable items on dealer sites..that may be brought here for discussion. The forum is not for destroying a persons work or reputation...his possible junk wares if any, will be his own enemy.

Frank you are entitled to disagree with any of the comments and opinions that have been already made...it is welcomed. Punking the Mods and Admins because WE disagree...makes this thread a OneWay street for only you to walk on. Your knowledge is highly welcomed here..but the forum will not be held hostage of anyones knowledge. We all have to dwell here and try to make the best community we can from those seasoned collectors as yourself. Please relax

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast