Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Czechoslovakian "vz.29" Bahnschutz

Article about: Hi, mates ! Want to show you images of an czechoslovakian vz.29 lid. Is there any chance, that this pot is a legit Bahnschutz helmet ? Thx. in advance, R.

Default Czechoslovakian "vz.29" Bahnschutz

Hi, mates !

Want to show you images of an czechoslovakian vz.29 lid.

Is there any chance, that this pot is a legit Bahnschutz helmet ?

Thx. in advance,
    R.

Czechoslovakian "vz.29" BahnschutzCzechoslovakian "vz.29" BahnschutzCzechoslovakian "vz.29" BahnschutzCzechoslovakian "vz.29" BahnschutzCzechoslovakian "vz.29" BahnschutzCzechoslovakian "vz.29" BahnschutzCzechoslovakian "vz.29" BahnschutzCzechoslovakian "vz.29" Bahnschutz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Czechoslovakian "vz.29" Bahnschutz
    P
    Many

Not a legit Bahnschutz, sorry. Jim G.

Hi, Jim !

What are your doubts ?

Thx.,
    R.

To me there are too many graphical differences between the decal on the Czech helmet and the decal on the M18 Bahnschutz in the Baer book on page 329. The attached photographs are of that helmet. Check out the lack of a black border out side of the white border on the thread starter, the sharpness of the lines on the thread starter which is a characteristic of modern printing, the differences in the spaces between the wig tips and the borders, the differences in the wheels, the strategic damage to the decal on the VZ 29 in areas where the decal doesn't match known originals, and several other graphic differences. Also, I haven't ever heard of Bahnschutz decals on a Czech VZ 29, nor have I heard of or seen a decaled B/S without the elongated Party Shield. All of these red flags add up to repro to me. I could be wrong, but I am not convinced that the decal on the CZ29 is real. Sorry, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czechoslovakian "vz.29" Bahnschutz   Czechoslovakian "vz.29" Bahnschutz  

Czechoslovakian "vz.29" Bahnschutz   Czechoslovakian "vz.29" Bahnschutz  

Czechoslovakian "vz.29" Bahnschutz  

R., Could you post a few close ups of the B/S decal so I an see if my evaluation was correct?