Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

D&C Liner rivets

Article about: by Schwerpunkt Bending original pins is just plain stupid , you can break them and wreck an original piece of history. 9 out of 10 times the stamps on the pins are not visible. A collector s

Default D&C Liner rivets

hi guys,

Has anyone ever seen D&C 1943 liner rivets on a helmet? Iv just checked my new M42 SD luftwaffe helmet and found this date. As far as i can find out there was only D&C 1939 markings.

Is the D&C 1943 a repro?

Cheers
    Kyle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D&C Liner rivets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement D&C Liner rivets
    P
    Many

Default Re: D&C Liner rivets

I had an M40 Reissue with the same 1943 rivets...Everything here looks good in my opinion.
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn, I just cant find anything anywhere that says that D&C issued 1943 stamped rivets.
    Cheers
    Kyle

Please tell me you didn't bend these just to see the markings ?

Hi

No i bought this helmet off of a friend who had bent the pins back when hed first bought the helmet so it been done before id bought it off him. What is your opinion on the date for d&c pins? are there any which have 1943 that you know of?
    Many thanks

I have some loose examples and they include D&C 38, D&C 43 and MSS 44.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Anyone who bends rivet ears back just to see / look for dates deserves their ears bent back & more!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Anyone who bends rivet ears back just to see / look for dates deserves their ears bent back & more!!!!!
    The MSS 44 set are stamped on the inside of the tabs and would be visible without bending, almost as if they had collectors in mind.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by trooper View Post
    Hi

No i bought this helmet off of a friend who had bent the pins back when hed first bought the helmet so it been done before id bought it off him. What is your opinion on the date for d&c pins? are there any which have 1943 that you know of?
    Many thanks
    Bending original pins is just plain stupid , you can break them and wreck an original piece of history.
    9 out of 10 times the stamps on the pins are not visible. A collector should just check if they are original to the shell and leave them alone.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I am with you Mr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast